Re: [svg-developers] Adobe 3.0 Vs. Adobe 6.0

  • Antoine Quint
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004

      > Changes are related to in the specs of SVG1.1 versus SVG1.2. Look at
      > DOM
      > methods for the two version, and change your javascript according to
      > that.
      > You can also see examples in sites like pilat.free.fr ...

      I don't believe that is correct. While there are new DOM methods in SVG
      1.2, there are no changes made to the DOM methods from SVG 1.1 (and
      actually SVG 1.0). What changed in ASV6 is that some DOM methods were
      ill-implemented, like getCTM() for example, and ASV6 "breaks" some code
      that made assumptions on ASV3's buggy behavior. There might be more
      like this of course, but I haven't really looked it up.

      Antoine
      --
      Antoine Quint <aq@...>
      W3C SVG Working Group Invited Expert
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        Hi Antoine,
        Your are right. I was sleepy this morning when i answered. What i mean is
        that there are differences between ASV3 and ASV6 (not SVG1.1 and SVG1.2 DOM
        methods), since ASV6 is not still in stable release.

        When testing, a lot of script working with ASV3 stop working with ASV6.

        So the Docs "jkellerdim" must read are :

        C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 6.0\Implementation White
        Paper.html compared to
        http://www.adobe.com/svg/indepth/pdfs/ReadMewin.pdf

        The second imoprtant thing to do is looking at :

        and more generally at :

        Hope that helps.

        Thanks
        Mathias

        > Changes are related to in the specs of SVG1.1 versus SVG1.2. Look at
        > DOM
        > methods for the two version, and change your javascript according to
        > that.
        > You can also see examples in sites like pilat.free.fr ...

        I don't believe that is correct. While there are new DOM methods in SVG
        1.2, there are no changes made to the DOM methods from SVG 1.1 (and
        actually SVG 1.0). What changed in ASV6 is that some DOM methods were
        ill-implemented, like getCTM() for example, and ASV6 "breaks" some code
        that made assumptions on ASV3's buggy behavior. There might be more
        like this of course, but I haven't really looked it up.

        Antoine
        --
        Antoine Quint <aq@...>
        W3C SVG Working Group Invited Expert
        SVG Consulting, Teaching and Outsourcing
        Fuchsia Design <http://www.fuchsia-design.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/