XML and SVG Userdefined Database

  • Burkhard Stollenwerk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      Hallo,
      Could I mix SVG with other XML - Data?
      How could I display SVG-Code.
      What have I to do to realise these Database within svg-code ?

      Burkhard Stollenwerk

      <BGRD>
      <BGRD>
      <PARZELLE>
      <NAME>
      Kleinthierscheidt
      </NAME>
      <GEO>
      <rect fill="rgb(0,0,255)" stroke="rgb(0,0,0)" stroke-width="1"
      x="181" y="210" width="137" height="78" onclick="test()"/>
      </GEO>
      <YEAR>
      <2003>
      <SAAT>
      <DATUM>
      12.10.2003
      </DATUM>
      <SORTE>
      Charger
      </SORTE>
      <MENGE>
      192
      </MENGE>
      </SAAT>
      <PS>
      </PS>
      </2003>
      <2004>
      </2004>
      </YEAR>
      </PARZELLE>
      <PARZELLE>
      </PARZELLE>
    • Burkhard Stollenwerk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        I could use PHP to manage XML-Srcipt.
        Should I parse document and sent it then to Client, as a SVG?

        Burkhard Stollenwerk

        > What have I to do to realise these Database within svg-code ?
        >
        > Burkhard Stollenwerk
        >
        > <BGRD>
        > <BGRD>
        > <PARZELLE>
        > <NAME>
        > Kleinthierscheidt
        > </NAME>
        > <GEO>
        > <rect fill="rgb(0,0,255)" stroke="rgb(0,0,0)"
        stroke-width="1"
        > x="181" y="210" width="137" height="78" onclick="test()"/>
        > </GEO>
        > <YEAR>
        > <2003>
        > <SAAT>
        > <DATUM>
        > 12.10.2003
        > </DATUM>
        > <SORTE>
        > Charger
        > </SORTE>
        > <MENGE>
        > 192
        > </MENGE>
        > </SAAT>
        > <PS>
        > </PS>
        > </2003>
        > <2004>
        > </2004>
        > </YEAR>
        > </PARZELLE>
        > <PARZELLE>
        > </PARZELLE>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Burkhard Stollenwerk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          Hallo,

          If I take code from external xml, how could ´t I manage that way?

          Burkhard Stollenwerk

          > What have I to do to realise these Database within svg-code ?
          >
          > Burkhard Stollenwerk
          >
          > <BGRD>
          > <BGRD>
          > <PARZELLE>
          > <NAME>
          > Kleinthierscheidt
          > </NAME>
          > <GEO>
          > <rect fill="rgb(0,0,255)" stroke="rgb(0,0,0)"
          stroke-width="1"
          > x="181" y="210" width="137" height="78" onclick="test()"/>
          > </GEO>
          > <YEAR>
          > <2003>
          > <SAAT>
          > <DATUM>
          > 12.10.2003
          > </DATUM>
          > <SORTE>
          > Charger
          > </SORTE>
          > <MENGE>
          > 192
          > </MENGE>
          > </SAAT>
          > <PS>
          > </PS>
          > </2003>
          > <2004>
          > </2004>
          > </YEAR>
          > </PARZELLE>
          > <PARZELLE>
          > </PARZELLE>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jim Ley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
            "Burkhard Stollenwerk" <futurefarm@...> wrote in message
            > Hallo,
            > Could I mix SVG with other XML - Data?

            Yes, just stick it in a METADATA element. (not strictly required, you could
            just stick it inline metadata elements probably more neat.)

            > What have I to do to realise these Database within svg-code ?

            just use the regular DOM - firstChild etc. you can't use getElementById as
            the SVG UA won't know about the ID's but otherwise everything else works.
            What you can't do is put SVG elements as children of other elements and have
            that render. you'll have to construct SVG via the DOM from the XML source
            data.

            in SVG 1.2 RCC will make all this very neat, and very simple, might be worth
            considering using that depending on your release schedule.

            Jim.