RE: [svg-developers] Adobe 3.0 Vs. Adobe 6.0

  • Mathias FATENE
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi,
      Changes are related to in the specs of SVG1.1 versus SVG1.2. Look at DOM
      methods for the two version, and change your javascript according to that.
      You can also see examples in sites like pilat.free.fr ...
      Mathias

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        Hi,

        > Changes are related to in the specs of SVG1.1 versus SVG1.2. Look at
        > DOM
        > methods for the two version, and change your javascript according to
        > that.
        > You can also see examples in sites like pilat.free.fr ...

        I don't believe that is correct. While there are new DOM methods in SVG
        1.2, there are no changes made to the DOM methods from SVG 1.1 (and
        actually SVG 1.0). What changed in ASV6 is that some DOM methods were
        ill-implemented, like getCTM() for example, and ASV6 "breaks" some code
        that made assumptions on ASV3's buggy behavior. There might be more
        like this of course, but I haven't really looked it up.

        Antoine
        --
        Antoine Quint <aq@...>
        W3C SVG Working Group Invited Expert
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          Hi Antoine,
          Your are right. I was sleepy this morning when i answered. What i mean is
          that there are differences between ASV3 and ASV6 (not SVG1.1 and SVG1.2 DOM
          methods), since ASV6 is not still in stable release.

          When testing, a lot of script working with ASV3 stop working with ASV6.

          So the Docs "jkellerdim" must read are :

          C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 6.0\Implementation White
          Paper.html compared to
          http://www.adobe.com/svg/indepth/pdfs/ReadMewin.pdf

          The second imoprtant thing to do is looking at :

          and more generally at :

          Hope that helps.

          Thanks
          Mathias