Adobe 3.0 Vs. Adobe 6.0

  • jkellerdim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      I have some svg files along with java script that works well in
      asv3.0 in IE on but the java script doesent seem to work in asv6.0
      could someone point out a site or posts that describe the changes
      that have to be made to make my asv3.0 application workd with adobe
      viewer 6

      Thanks in advance.
    • Mathias FATENE
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Changes are related to in the specs of SVG1.1 versus SVG1.2. Look at DOM
        methods for the two version, and change your javascript according to that.
        You can also see examples in sites like pilat.free.fr ...
        Mathias

        I have some svg files along with java script that works well in
        asv3.0 in IE on but the java script doesent seem to work in asv6.0
        could someone point out a site or posts that describe the changes
        that have to be made to make my asv3.0 application workd with adobe
        viewer 6

        Thanks in advance.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Antoine Quint
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004

          > Changes are related to in the specs of SVG1.1 versus SVG1.2. Look at
          > DOM
          > methods for the two version, and change your javascript according to
          > that.
          > You can also see examples in sites like pilat.free.fr ...

          I don't believe that is correct. While there are new DOM methods in SVG
          1.2, there are no changes made to the DOM methods from SVG 1.1 (and
          actually SVG 1.0). What changed in ASV6 is that some DOM methods were
          ill-implemented, like getCTM() for example, and ASV6 "breaks" some code
          that made assumptions on ASV3's buggy behavior. There might be more
          like this of course, but I haven't really looked it up.

          Antoine
          --
          Antoine Quint <aq@...>
          W3C SVG Working Group Invited Expert
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
            Hi Antoine,
            Your are right. I was sleepy this morning when i answered. What i mean is
            that there are differences between ASV3 and ASV6 (not SVG1.1 and SVG1.2 DOM
            methods), since ASV6 is not still in stable release.

            When testing, a lot of script working with ASV3 stop working with ASV6.

            So the Docs "jkellerdim" must read are :

            C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 6.0\Implementation White
            Paper.html compared to
            http://www.adobe.com/svg/indepth/pdfs/ReadMewin.pdf

            The second imoprtant thing to do is looking at :

            and more generally at :

            Hope that helps.

            Thanks
            Mathias