Re: Why it is not recommended? (was: Can we put SVG code in HTML?)

  • Mike McCullough
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2004
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Don XML" <donxml@h...> wrote:
      > Browsing in Longhorn isn't done via another application (like IE on
      > Windows) but is baked into the OS. The OS is a browser. The
      current
      > alpha I'm playing with does have IE, but I'm not sure if the final
      > version will. Also, MS isn't pitching XAML to be used over the
      > Internet, but in corporate Intranets. Will some people use it on
      the
      > Internet, sure, but so far that isn't the main thrust of XAML.
      >
      > DonMXL Demsak

      How will XAML be used on the Internet? Directly from the new OS? With
      a XAML viewer? With XAML built into IE by Microsoft?

      Did I hear correctly that MS might phase out IE? If the OS is a
      browser, that would make sense. And, if they aimed to replicate IE
      market share, it would also be the ultimate strategy to "embrace and
      extend" the Internet.

      Mike McCullough