Re: Base directory for script in an external file.

  • paulroubekas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      I 'find some files' using getURL().

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:

      > "paulroubekas" <paul@r...> wrote in message
      > > I have some script in an external file. I need to find some
      files in
      > > the directory hierarchy while running the script in the external
      > > file. My question is this, what is considered the current
      > > directory?
      >
      > Define "find some files".
      >
      > If you're entering things into the DOM, then it'll be relative to
      the url of
      > the document.
      >
      > Jim.
    • Jim Ley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        "paulroubekas" <paul@...> wrote in message

        > I 'find some files' using getURL().

        Test and find out, it would be my expectation that it would be relative to
        the base URL of the document, as if it's not then there's a potential
        security problem. (include a script from a 3rd party site that does getURL
        and rewrite the javascript to get any url from that site which can then be
        passed back to the other script.)

        Jim.