Re: Base directory for script in an external file.

  • Jim Ley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      "paulroubekas" <paul@...> wrote in message
      news:bt4c15+omc5@......
      > I have some script in an external file. I need to find some files in
      > the directory hierarchy while running the script in the external
      > file. My question is this, what is considered the current
      > directory?

      Define "find some files".

      If you're entering things into the DOM, then it'll be relative to the url of
      the document.

      Jim.
    • paulroubekas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        I 'find some files' using getURL().

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:

        > "paulroubekas" <paul@r...> wrote in message
        > > I have some script in an external file. I need to find some
        files in
        > > the directory hierarchy while running the script in the external
        > > file. My question is this, what is considered the current
        > > directory?
        >
        > Define "find some files".
        >
        > If you're entering things into the DOM, then it'll be relative to
        the url of
        > the document.
        >
        > Jim.
      • Jim Ley
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004

          > I 'find some files' using getURL().

          Test and find out, it would be my expectation that it would be relative to
          the base URL of the document, as if it's not then there's a potential
          security problem. (include a script from a 3rd party site that does getURL
          and rewrite the javascript to get any url from that site which can then be
          passed back to the other script.)

          Jim.