Adobe SVG viewer in Linux: Probs with JS

  • jive_p
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hello all,

      I installed the new ASV for Linux and it is great to see SVG images in
      Mozilla now! :-)

      But the problem is that JavaScript in SVG does not work at all. I
      tried to import a js file, putting the js code directly into the SVG
      doc - nothing works.

      The very same file works perfectly in IE.

      Anyone having a similar problem or could it just be my Mozilla settings?

      Ulrike
    • neumannandreas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2004
        hm - could you send us a link to one of your examples?

        My examples that use javascript seem to run fine.

        Andreas

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jive_p" <polleu@t...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I installed the new ASV for Linux and it is great to see SVG images in
        > Mozilla now! :-)
        >
        > But the problem is that JavaScript in SVG does not work at all. I
        > tried to import a js file, putting the js code directly into the SVG
        > doc - nothing works.
        >
        > The very same file works perfectly in IE.
        >
        > Anyone having a similar problem or could it just be my Mozilla settings?
        >
        > Ulrike
      • jive_p
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2004
          An example is under

          http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~polleu/cooker/svg/mmap.svg

          Fine in IE, but not on my Linux Box. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and
          Mozilla 1.3.

          Ulrike

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "neumannandreas"
          <neumann@k...> wrote:
          > hm - could you send us a link to one of your examples?
          >
          > My examples that use javascript seem to run fine.
          >
          > Andreas
          >
          > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jive_p" <polleu@t...> wrote:
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I installed the new ASV for Linux and it is great to see SVG
          images in
          > > Mozilla now! :-)
          > >
          > > But the problem is that JavaScript in SVG does not work at all. I
          > > tried to import a js file, putting the js code directly into the
          SVG
          > > doc - nothing works.
          > >
          > > The very same file works perfectly in IE.
          > >
          > > Anyone having a similar problem or could it just be my Mozilla
          settings?

          > > Ulrike
        • neumannandreas
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
            Hi!

            I checked your example and found the problem.

            It has nothing to do with the Linux version. It did not work on
            Macintosh (all browsers that use the Adobe engine) either.

            The problem seems to be with one of your script lines that worked with
            the Iexplorer scripting engine, but not with the Adobe engine (which
            is used in most non MS-browsers).

            In the function "mapLayerControl()", change the line

            var checkBox = evt.getTarget;

            var checkBox = evt.target;

            or

            var checkBox = evt.getTarget();

            ----

            you are mixing up methods and properties in your original script.
            Iexplorer seems to accept it, while the more stricter Adobe engine
            does not. Unfortunately ASV on Mac/Linux does not seem to be able to
            send useful debug-messages, so you are more or less on your own
            finding the bugs. Alternatively you could use Batik for debugging on
            Mac/Linux.

            Andreas

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jive_p" <polleu@t...> wrote:
            > An example is under
            >
            > http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~polleu/cooker/svg/mmap.svg
            >
            > Fine in IE, but not on my Linux Box. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and
            > Mozilla 1.3.
            >
            > Ulrike

          • jive_p
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004