Re: accessibility of SVG: print, copy and paste parts of SVG images

  • mfatene
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi,
      ... continue last mail ...

      And if you're Windows user, inserting the new svg document and
      printing it is done without a problem.

      All that for free, with just a function and insert in word.
      To industrialize the solution a win32-OLE + perl can make all what i
      said.

      Hope that helps.
      Mathias
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Mathias FATENE"

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Leonard Rosenthol
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
        At 4:35 PM +0100 11/2/03, Mathias FATENE wrote:
        > >> That's a browser/plugin/tool issue. Currently, AFAIK, there
        >>> aren't any tools that support what you need.
        >
        >SVG can do it.

        My point was that none of the current SVG viewing
        implementations allow for extracting of a PORTION of the image - only
        the entire image - at least AFAIK...

        Leonard
        Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:leonardr@...>
        <http://www.lazerware.com>
      • mfatene
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
          Yes Leonard, I agree with you.

          Thanks
          Mathias

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Rosenthol
          <leonardr@l...> wrote:

          > >SVG can do it.
          >
          > My point was that none of the current SVG viewing
          > implementations allow for extracting of a PORTION of the image -
          only
          > the entire image - at least AFAIK...
          >

          > Leonard
          > --
          -------
          > Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:leonardr@l...>

          <http://www.lazerware.com>
        • Jonathan Chetwynd
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
            Mathias,

            it is as you say a region. see http://www.peepo.co.uk

            for various reasons it is easier to include svg icons, symbols and
            images in a svg file, rather than html.

            However this means that they are then not easily copied to other
            documents (like text in a pdf).

            This is a fundamental error of conception.

            It is vital that group, use or some method is available for copying
            partial files around.
            This functionality is already available in authoring environments such
            as illustrator, but not viewers.

            gif and jpg naturally already provide this. check next post on creative
            commons and icons.

            thanks

            Jonathan Chetwynd
            http://www.peepo.co.uk
            "A web by people with learning difficulties"