[svg-developers] New SVG java API

  • Francisco Rivas Portillo (KI/EAB)
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hello, can anybody send me information about the new SVG java API for mobile and handheld devices (tiny and basic SVG profiles)?
      Thank you,
      Francisco Rivas
    • Mike Kidson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        On 2 Nov 2003, at 0:47, Francisco Rivas Portillo (KI/ wrote:

        > Hello, can anybody send me information about the new SVG java API for
        > mobile and handheld devices (tiny and basic SVG profiles)? Thank you,
        > Francisco Rivas

        http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=226&showPrint

        Expert Group:
        a.. Ericsson Mobile Platforms
        b.. Esmertec AG
        c.. Espial Group, Inc.
        d.. IBM
        e.. Motorola
        f.. Nokia Corporation
        g.. SAS Institute Inc.
        h.. Siemens AG
        i.. Sun Microsystems, Inc.
        j.. Symbian Ltd
        k.. Texas Instruments Inc.

        "This specification will define an optional package API for rendering
        scalable 2D vector graphics, including image files in W3C Scalable
        Vector Graphics (SVG) format. The API is targeted for J2ME
        platform, with primary emphasis on MIDP. The main use cases for
        this API are map visualization, scalable icons, and other advanced
        graphics applications."

        Mike