RE: [svg-developers] SVG Editor, supporting animation?

  • Ric Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
      Adobe's LiveMotion will support SVG animation.  It is not yet released, but will be released with complete support for LiveMotion via declarative animation sometime in the near future.

      Ric Wright
      SVG Group, Adobe Systems

      At 07:19 AM 9/6/00, Harrell, Wade wrote:

      My Groups | svg-developers Main Page | Start a new group!

      You can create static SVG files in Adobe Illustrator, and a few others (I
      admit being partial to the application I have been using for years).....
      animate them......  well, you will have to wait a little while for that, but
      JavaScript is not that bad and the built in animation elements are very easy
      to understand and implement.  Any standard text editor will allow you to do
      anything you need with the text file that Illustrator outputs.  Take a look
      at LJ Ruell's motion tutorials at
      http://www.iguanastudios.com/rnd/svg/vlp/index.html they cover the basics of
      animation in SVG.

      Wade Harrell * Sr Content Engineer
      Iguana Studios Inc * 16 W 19th * 10th Floor * New York, NY 10011 - 4205 *
      http://www.iguanastudios.com
      Latitude: 40.739145  (40° 44' 20" N) * Longitude: -73.992089  (73° 59' 31"
      W)
      wade@... * vox:212.209.1380 * fax:212.243.6506