Script Debugger

  • svguser2003
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi All,

      Can anyone suggest a good javascript debugger that can be used
      to debug javascript code in a SVG document ? i tried using Microsoft
      Script Debugger, but it does not seem to recognize javascript in the
      svg document.

      Any help will be very much appreciated..

      josh
    • Christophe Jolif
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003

        In case it could help you, the tLatest Batik CVS version (not the released
        one) has the Rhino ECMAScript Debugger builtin.

        svguser2003 wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > Can anyone suggest a good javascript debugger that can be used
        > to debug javascript code in a SVG document ? i tried using Microsoft
        > Script Debugger, but it does not seem to recognize javascript in the
        > svg document.
        >
        > Any help will be very much appreciated..
        >

        > josh

        > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

        Christophe
      • Patrick Philippot
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
          svguser2003 wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > Can anyone suggest a good javascript debugger that can be used
          > to debug javascript code in a SVG document ?

          Microsoft Script Editor and any other MS debugger (but maybe not the
          "classical" Script Debugger) will work fine for embedded SVG scripts as
          long as you don't use the ASV implementation. So in case you do not rely
          on the Adobe Javascript implementation, just remove
          xmlns:a3=http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeSVGViewerExtensions/3.0/
          a3:scriptImplementation="Adobe" in the declaration of script blocks that
          you want to debug. Insert a "debugger; " instruction where you want a
          breakpoint and voil�...

          Work fine for me.

          --
          Patrick Philippot - Microsoft MVP [.Net]
          MainSoft Consulting Services
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
            svguser2003 wrote:
            > I tried using Microsoft Script Debugger

            Just to be sure, the debugging options in Internet Options | Advanced |
            Browsing are set correctly?

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
              I should have mentioned that Microsoft Script Editor comes with Office
              2000, FrontPage 2000 and Visual Studio (look for MSE.EXE in in
              C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\IDE\IDE98).There's no
              download link that I'm aware of.

              MSE is much better than the Script Debugger, by the way.

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                Hi Patrick,

                Thank you very much for your reply.You have given me a valuable
                insight.I am not relying on Adobe JavaScript implementation. But, i
                am using a version of Microsoft Script Debgger which is available for
                free download over the net.Do you think this version of the debugger
                will suffice ? Which is the debugger version that you are using ?

                josh

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Philippot" <gtxsd-svg-

                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                  svguser2003 wrote:
                  > I am using a version of Microsoft Script Debgger which is available
                  for
                  > free download over the net.Do you think this version of the debugger
                  > will suffice ? Which is the debugger version that you are using ?

                  Josh,

                  On my system, when the debugger jumps in, I have the choice between
                  Microsoft Script Editor, Visual Interdev, Visual Studio and Visual
                  Studio .Net. Microsoft Script Editor is from far enough for debugging
                  SVG or IE scripts. I just made a few tests and actually, the "old"
                  Script Debugger doesn't work with embedded SVG scripts. So Microsoft
                  Script Debugger is your best choice in case you can reach to an Office
                  2000, Frontpage 2000 or Visual Studio installation.

                  The file maybe called MSE.EXE or MSE7.EXE and has no explicit dependency
                  but it dynamically loads some DLLs coming with Office, FrontPage or VS.
                  So merely copying it will not be enough. You'll need to install one of
                  these applications.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                    Thanks Patrick..Some more questions..Please bear with me as this a
                    long mail !!

                    I checked the script options under Options/advanced/Browsing.These
                    are set correctly and i am able to debug scripts other than the ones
                    embedded in .svg file.

                    I also realized that i have a file named MSE.EXE in the location
                    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\IDE\IDE98\MSE.EXE.
                    Clicking on this executable launches Microsoft Development
                    Environment 6.0 .

                    1.I opened .svg file using IE 6.0
                    2.Attached the .svg to the Debugger by (Processes/Attach) option in
                    MSE.
                    3.Clicked on "Running Documents" option to insert breakpoints in the
                    javascript embedded in .svg document.But, i am unable to see teh full
                    description of the document..Rather all i can see is the innerHTML
                    (ex:

                    height=100% fullscreen=yes src="file://D:\Tomcat 42
                    \webapps\graphics\scriptsnew\javascript_test.svg"></body></html>

                    ).

                    4.I explicitly opened the file(File-->Open File) and inserted the
                    breakPoints as well as the "debugger;" statements in the CDATA section
                    (Pls see the follow.section of code) of the embedded .svg.

                    <script type="text/javascript">
                    <![CDATA[

                    function init(){
                    debugger;
                    v = new Manager();
                    }

                    ]]>

                    </script>
                    PS: init() event is fired onLoad of the document.

                    5.Refreshed IE to invoke the execution till breakpoints.

                    Surprisingly, the execution proceeds as if the
                    breakpoints does not exist !!

                    What am i doing wrong ?

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                      svguser2003 wrote:
                      > Thanks Patrick..Some more questions..Please bear with me as this a
                      > long mail !!

                      I wouldn't use it this way. Do not launch MS Script Editor. Just load
                      the SVG document in IE. When the interpreter encounters the "debugger"
                      statement, a dialog box should pop up prompting you with a list of
                      available debuggers. Select MS Script Editor and click OK. The debugger
                      will start and directly jump to the line with the debugger instruction.

                      If this doesn't happen, there's something wrong with your settings. See
                      Tools | Options | Debugging | General | JIT Settings.

                      Also make sure that the Machine Debug Manager Service (MDM.EXE) is
                      running.

                      --
                      Patrick Philippot - Microsoft MVP [.Net]
                      MainSoft Consulting Services
                      www.mainsoft.xx
                      (replace .xx with .fr when replying by e-mail)
                    • joshy augustine
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                        Hi Patrick,

                        I tried the following. For a non-svg related
                        javascript, i inserted the line "debugger;" and
                        invoked the .svg file in the way you
                        mentioned.Everything is working as you had
                        mentioned(Script Debugger is being automatically
                        invoked) and i could perfectly debug the whole script.

                        For javascript embedded in the .svg file, inserted
                        the line "debugger;" and invoked .svg page(PS: I did
                        not invoke MS Script editor ). IE seems to ignore the
                        debugger statement in the javaScript!!

                        I also noticed the following
                        1.Win NT Task Manager is showing MDM.EXE is running.

                        2.In Microsoft Script
                        Editor\tools\Options\Debugger\General the following
                        options are enabled

                        a)Just-In-Time Debugger
                        b)Attach-to-programs running on this machine
                        c)Just-In-Time debugger

                        I have copied the skeletal version of teh .svg file
                        that i am using below..Does the debugger gets
                        automatically invoked when you invoke this SVG ?

                        <?xml version="1.0"?>
                        <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"

                        "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
                        <svg xml:space="default" width="10000" height="10000"
                        onload="init()"
                        xmlns:cvm="http://www.myorganization.com/ns/SVGExtensions/"
                        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
                        preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet"
                        zoomAndPan="magnify">

                        <script type="text/javascript">
                        <![CDATA[
                        function init(){
                        debugger;
                        alert("passed debugger line");
                        }
                        ]]>
                        </script>
                        </svg>

                        josh

                        --- Patrick Philippot
                        <gtxsd-svg-developers@...> wrote:
                        > svguser2003 wrote:
                        > > Thanks Patrick..Some more questions..Please bear
                        > with me as this a
                        > > long mail !!
                        >
                        > I wouldn't use it this way. Do not launch MS Script
                        > Editor. Just load
                        > the SVG document in IE. When the interpreter
                        > encounters the "debugger"
                        > statement, a dialog box should pop up prompting you
                        > with a list of
                        > available debuggers. Select MS Script Editor and
                        > click OK. The debugger
                        > will start and directly jump to the line with the
                        > debugger instruction.
                        >
                        > If this doesn't happen, there's something wrong with
                        > your settings. See
                        > Tools | Options | Debugging | General | JIT
                        > Settings.
                        >
                        > Also make sure that the Machine Debug Manager
                        > Service (MDM.EXE) is
                        > running.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Patrick Philippot - Microsoft MVP [.Net]
                        > MainSoft Consulting Services
                        > www.mainsoft.xx
                        > (replace .xx with .fr when replying by e-mail)

                        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                      • Patrick Philippot
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                          joshy augustine wrote:
                          > For javascript embedded in the .svg file, inserted
                          > the line "debugger;" and invoked .svg page(PS: I did
                          > not invoke MS Script editor ). IE seems to ignore the
                          > debugger statement in the javaScript!!

                          I have loaded your SVG sample into IE and I'm sorry to say that the
                          debugger jumped in adequatly and pointed to the "debugger" instruction
                          in the source code, showing the whole body of the function.

                          It's late now on this side of the ocean and I must shutdown my shop.
                          I'll get back to you tomorrow.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
                            joshy augustine wrote:
                            > For javascript embedded in the .svg file, inserted
                            > the line "debugger;" and invoked .svg page(PS: I did
                            > not invoke MS Script editor ). IE seems to ignore the
                            > debugger statement in the javaScript!!

                            Strange. On my system, even disabling the debugger options in IE doesn't
                            prevent the debugger to take control when loading your sample document.

                            Could you try to re-register ASV?

                            C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE "C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Adobe\SVG Viewer
                            3.0\NPSVG3.dll"

                            I guess you are running ASV3 (although everything works fine with ASV6 -
                            I just tested)?

                            Could you please also export the following registry key to a reg file
                            and e-mail it to me?

                            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug Manager

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                              Hmm..This is becoming more and more interesting !!

                              1.Yes,you are right..I am using ASV3.

                              2.I re-registered ASV3 and the registraction
                              succeeded.
                              > C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE
                              > "C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Adobe\SVG Viewer
                              > 3.0\NPSVG3.dll"

                              3.I have attached registry file for MDM with this
                              mail..

                              josh
                              --- Patrick Philippot

                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                joshy augustine wrote:
                                > 3.I have attached registry file for MDM with this
                                > mail..

                                The JITDebugging section is missing. This key should look like below. So
                                your MS Script Editor is probably not properly registered with the MDM.
                                Since the MDM is installed along with MS Script Editor, I suggest
                                repairing or re-installing the application that installed MSE (Visual
                                Studio). I'm unable to find any documentation about how to manually
                                repair the JitDebugging information.

                                Before, you could try to re-install the scripting engine (are you
                                running version 5.6?). Are you running Win9x or Win2K/XP?
                                See
                                http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

                                -----------------------------

                                REGEDIT4

                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug Manager]
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging]
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines]
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{3b476d35-a401-11d2-aad4-00c04f990171}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{3b476d35-a401-11d2-aad4-00c04f990171}\{788
                                85061-E089-4442-83E0-F218C891C51D}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{3b476d35-a401-11d2-aad4-00c04f990171}\{867
                                74AF3-AC81-43c2-8220-2B9ECE9E90DF}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{3b476d35-a401-11d2-aad4-00c04f990171}\{93F
                                75FE7-34D1-422E-AEA7-9AFAC97FFFB3}]
                                @="OldDebugger"
                                "Remote"=dword:00000000
                                "Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Script Debugger\\msscrdbg.exe"
                                "Display"="Microsoft Script Debugger"
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{3b476d35-a401-11d2-aad4-00c04f990171}\{BC1
                                046A0-CB44-4241-B8D9-0688243AFBC3}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{3b476d35-a401-11d2-aad4-00c04f990171}\{E92
                                85D9D-E19B-4D0E-82F7-AD1ECF9CD6F5}]
                                @="OldDebugger"
                                "Remote"=dword:00000000
                                "Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Dev\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Visual
                                Studio\\Common\\MSDev98\\Bin\\msdev.exe"
                                "Display"="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0"
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{449EC4CC-30D2-4032-9256-EE18EB41B62B}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{449EC4CC-30D2-4032-9256-EE18EB41B62B}\{788
                                85061-E089-4442-83E0-F218C891C51D}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{449EC4CC-30D2-4032-9256-EE18EB41B62B}\{867
                                74AF3-AC81-43c2-8220-2B9ECE9E90DF}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{449EC4CC-30D2-4032-9256-EE18EB41B62B}\{BC1
                                046A0-CB44-4241-B8D9-0688243AFBC3}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{449EC4CC-30D2-4032-9256-EE18EB41B62B}\{C4D
                                C4355-B9AB-4c10-BE25-0BF43CA744B2}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{8832b220-5220-4c5c-b582-23fd9db6e018}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{8832b220-5220-4c5c-b582-23fd9db6e018}\{BC1
                                046A0-CB44-4241-B8D9-0688243AFBC3}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e6-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}]
                                @="Script Only"
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}\{000
                                C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
                                @=""
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}\{788
                                85061-E089-4442-83E0-F218C891C51D}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}\{867
                                74AF3-AC81-43c2-8220-2B9ECE9E90DF}]
                                @=""
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}\{BC1
                                046A0-CB44-4241-B8D9-0688243AFBC3}]
                                "Remote"=dword:00000001
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                Manager\NeverTerminate]
                                "devenv.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "msdev.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "vb5.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "winword.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "excel.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "msaccess.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "outlook.exe"=dword:00000000
                                "fpeditor.exe"=dword:00000000
                                @=""
                                "frontpg.exe"=dword:00000000

                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                  Hi patrick,

                                  That is a very valid point..I reinstalled the v5.6 for win NT
                                  from the link you mentioned .But it did not create the entries which
                                  you mentioned in the Registry. I suspect the entries in registry will
                                  be correct only if i do a full visual studio installation.I seem to
                                  have hit the deadend as i dont have a full visual studio installation
                                  in my machine !!

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                    svguser2003 wrote:
                                    > Hi patrick,
                                    >
                                    > I seem to have hit the deadend as i dont have
                                    > a full visual studio installation in my machine !!

                                    MSE is not a stand-alone product. You must install one of the mentioned
                                    applications to get it working. However, I'm wondering how you can have
                                    the C:\Program Files\Dev\Microsoft\Microsoft Visual
                                    Studio\Common\IDE\IDE98 folder without having VS installed?

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                      I do have VSS and VC++ Tools,MS Office installed on my machine..But,
                                      i do not have the complete MS Visual Studio installation

                                      Does it suffice ?

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                        svguser2003 wrote:
                                        > MS Office installed on my machine..But,
                                        > i do not have the complete MS Visual Studio installation
                                        >
                                        > Does it suffice ?

                                        Is it Office 2000 or above? Office 2000 should be enough.

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                          Yes..It is Office 2000.But i wonder if 2000 installation is
                                          sufficient, why is the registry entries not appearing properly ..

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                            svguser2003 wrote:
                                            > Yes..It is Office 2000.But i wonder if 2000 installation is
                                            > sufficient, why is the registry entries not appearing properly ..

                                            You could try to

                                            1) Repair Office 2000.

                                            2) Launch MSE, go to Tools | Options | Debugging | Jit Settings, disable
                                            everything and close MSE. Re-launch MSE and enable these options again.

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                              svguser2003 wrote:
                                              > Yes..It is Office 2000.But i wonder if 2000 installation is
                                              > sufficient, why is the registry entries not appearing properly ..

                                              You could also do the following:

                                              1. Go to www.sysinternals.com, download and install REGMON.

                                              2. Close IE, launch regmon and set the filter to mdm.exe

                                              3. Launch IE and load your SVG file.

                                              4. Switch back to Regmon, stop the monitoring (capture button), and look
                                              at the output. You'll see which keys mdm.exe has been looking for when
                                              trying to debug your script. It should be
                                              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                              Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}. It
                                              should have enumerated all subkeys under this key.

                                              If it's the case, verify that the CLSID of MSE is
                                              {000C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} (look at
                                              HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{000C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} and
                                              HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{000C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}). One of
                                              the enumerated subkeys of {f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2} should
                                              be {000C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046.

                                              If this CLSID doesn't exist, search HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT for "Microsoft
                                              Script Editor" and replace {000C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} with
                                              the value that you'll find in the following steps.

                                              5. Backup the Machine Debug Manager key. Create that key (or the
                                              equivalent key with the CLSID you found)
                                              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Machine Debug
                                              Manager\JITDebugging\Engines\{f200a7e7-dea5-11d0-b854-00a0244a1de2}\{000
                                              C1217-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

                                              6. Create a "Remote" DWORD value for this key and set it to 1.

                                              7. Re-lauch IE and retry. Remove the newly created keys if this doesn't
                                              work.

                                              The keys may be different for you. If you're not sure, stop at step 4
                                              (included) and use the file menu of Regmon to save the report to a file
                                              and e-mail me that file.

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                                Hi patrick,
                                                Thanks..I tried the second option..No Luck!! Will try to
                                                repair Office2000 now..Is there any particular entry/option that i
                                                need to pay special attention to during repair of Office2000 that
                                                will setup MDM JIT options correctly ?

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                                  svguser2003 wrote:
                                                  > Is there any particular entry/option that i
                                                  > need to pay special attention to during repair of Office2000 that
                                                  > will setup MDM JIT options correctly ?

                                                  You're not prompted for anything during a repair. I'm not sure that MSE
                                                  is an option anyway.

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                                    Thanks Patrick..I'll try this option..

                                                    Contemplating further on the issue, If JIT settings are not correct,i
                                                    wonder why Debugger is invoked when it encounters "debugger;"
                                                    statements in an independant(not SVG Embedded) javaScript on my
                                                    machine ?

                                                    Doesn't it seem a bit strange ?

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Sep 2, 2003
                                                      svguser2003 wrote:
                                                      > Contemplating further on the issue, If JIT settings are not correct,i
                                                      > wonder why Debugger is invoked when it encounters "debugger;"
                                                      > statements in an independant(not SVG Embedded) javaScript on my
                                                      > machine ?
                                                      >
                                                      > Doesn't it seem a bit strange ?

                                                      The JIT settings establish a complex relationship between the code, the
                                                      debugger and the running environment. When you are executing an SVG
                                                      embedded script, it's still the Javascript ActiveX Scripting Engine that
                                                      is running but within a different scripting host. This connection is
                                                      obviously missing on your system (which make me thinks that maybe the
                                                      re-installation of ASV3 could also help).