Re: [svg-developers] Drag Text from Adobe SVG shape to outer HTML in IE6?

  • Rob Jellinghaus
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2003
      At 07:34 PM 8/30/2003 +0000, iamweasle35 wrote:
      >Anyone know of a technique to start a drag event set text data in
      >svg embeded object in html page and drop to outer html? Examples I
      >have seen show how to use javascript to drag and drop all within the
      >SVG window. Need to get drag data out of svg into external drop
      >area.

      We've been doing a lot of work with javascript integrated between SVG and
      outer HTML. First, this only ever works in the context of IE and
      ASV3/6. Second, I do not think there is *any* way to integrate drag event
      processing between SVG and HTML. I certainly have never seen any
      indication that this is possible.

      In other words, you are on your own :-(

      Cheers,
      Rob