Re: ASV 6 Beta:Problem with parseXML

  • Patrick Philippot
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2003
      Rob Jellinghaus wrote:
      > I do know that ASV6 returns a DocumentFragment from parseXML, whereas
      > ASV3 returned (I think) a regular Node. So in some cases I have had
      > add an extra ".firstChild" to extract the actual Node from an ASV6
      > DocumentFragment.

      Same conclusions from my own experience. I had to add the extra
      firstChild everywhere I used parseXML. That is, where I directly used
      the result of parseXML (var res = parseXML (...) ), I now have to use
      res.firstChild instead of res.

      Something has obviously changed in the implementation of this routine.

      --
      Patrick Philippot - Microsoft MVP [.Net]
      MainSoft Consulting Services