RE: [svg-developers] Japanese SVG text on Win + UTF-16

  • Michael Bierman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
      Takesato, Tobi:

      Any of the localizations of the Adobe SVG Viewer can display any localized
      content. The reason for the localizations is for interaction with the
      browser such as error messages require localized versions of the Viewer. The
      Adobe SVG Viewer is currently available in English, French, German, and
      Japanese, with more languages to follow.

      Also, Chris is correct. At the moment, the CEF fonts are currently only
      supported by the Adobe SVG Viewer. I hope that in time that will change. Our
      intention is to document the CEF format and encourage its adoption by other
      viewers and browsers.

      Michael Bierman
      Senior Product Manager, SVG
      www.adobe.com/svg