Re: Re: My details

  • philipm@schemasoft.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19, 2003
      Please see the attached file for details.

    • Chris Peto
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19, 2003
        I believe we have a virus!

        Mit freundlichen Gru?en/Regards
        Chris Peto
        Freelance System Development
        ------------------------------------
        Resource Solutions
        Hohenweg 34
        63303 Dreieich - Gotzenhain
        Germany
        Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
        mailto:CPeto@...
        ------------------------------------
        Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        http://www.schemasoft.org/

        Please see the attached file for details.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        To unsubscribe send a message to:

      • Francis Hemsher
          Chris Peto wrote:
          > I believe we have a virus!
          -----------------------------------

          To: <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com>

          Hi Chris,

          Above are the properties of the email. Also, I sent a confirming
          email to:philipm@...

          Hi Philip,
          Are you for real? Have you sent an attachment that has been
          designated as a virus?

          It has not been returned, yet.

          With all the web talent in this group maybe we can track the
          individual responsible and take some substantive action to prevent
          this from ocurring again.

          Francis Hemsher
        • Jim Ley
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2003
            "Francis Hemsher" <francishemsher@...> wrote in message
            > Are you for real? Have you sent an attachment that has been
            > designated as a virus?

            The SOBIG.F virus fakes from addresses, the fact it appeared to come from
            Philip, almost guarantees it didn't (not completely of course because he
            could be in his own addressbook, or in files in his net cache, but it's no
            more likely than it coming from someone else who might read this list, or
            hang out in the general SVG universe...)

            Judging by the 80 or so bounces I've had today there's a whole lot of people
            out there who could be thinking I sent them the virus... I didn't though...

            Jim.
          • Chris Peto

            • paul_evenblij@nl.compuware.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19, 2003
                Please see the attached file for details.

              • Philip Mansfield
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 20, 2003
                  I certainly did not send a virus, nor did I open an attachment that contains one (thanks for your confidence, Jim.) Our security at SchemaSoft is strong enough that I don't even see e-mails with virus attachments - they are removed before they get here. However, it is now common that spam is forged by simply filling out the "from" field with an e-mail address found by Web crawlers - it can have nothing to do with the actual originating address. Unfortunately, my e-mail address is published in a few places, so I am a victim of such forgery. Sometimes you can confirm where an e-mail originates by analyzing the full mail header, but those who send out viruses and spam tend to use anonymous relay, preventing such analysis. One of the filters we use at SchemaSoft rejects everything that went through a known anonymous relay at some point in its transmission.

                  visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

                • bella.robinson@cmis.csiro.au
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 28, 2003
                    See the attached file for details