Mimio 2.1 exports SVG!

  • r_diblasi@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hello,

      I went to COMDEX yesterday in Chicago. I finally got the chance to
      use Mimio. For those who do not know what Mimio is:

      "Mimio captures handwritten notes and illustrations created on an
      everyday whiteboard, and then allows users to export them as
      mimio "ink" files for further digital manipulation. Mimio supports
      PICT, JPEG, EPS and SVG. The new version adds support for Quicktime
      and iMovie file formats."

      you can view a demo at:
      http://www.mimio.com/demo/video_demo.html

      I made some marks on the whiteboard and exported it as SVG.
      Since the computer did not have a SVG viewer plug-in, I rename the
      file to text file. And what did my eyes see......line of code...each
      and every one SVG! :) I did noticed that they did not have the
      correct DTD....I asked the person, If he could give a E-mail address
      to the coders, so I could tell them to update their product ...may a
      downloadable patch or something like that.....I received three E-mail
      address......all MIT people.......Looks like the smart tech people
      use SVG in thier products......

      SVG and new inventive products are coming together
      Robert A. DiBlasi