Re: [svg-developers] Macromedia Freehand & SVG

  • Lance Dyas
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2001
      I guess I'm still missing something..... Macromedia does not sell their
      viewer...
      It is their authoring environment and it's GUI/presentation that puts
      money
      in their pockets. And in "most" software design this part is the most
      elaborate
      and significant in terms of time/energy resources to develop. They have
      large user base and they should be able to blink twice and export to
      svg. Their
      Authoring tools would likely still be hands down best for doing what
      people
      presently do with SWF whether it went out to SVG or whatever... In fact
      some of
      the things they could do with SVG in terms of how it integrates and will
      integrate
      with the browser would be better than they presently have.

      Lance Dyas
      Dynamic Mapping
      http:/www.dyasdesigns.com/TNTservlet