Re: [svg-developers] keeping an element fixed while zooming--accouting for preserveAspectRatio?

  • Kevin Lindsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2003
      From: "Amanda Birmingham"
      Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:00 PM

      > I know I have seen discussions of this issue on the list before, but
      > haven't found one addressing this particular quirk ... I need to set up
      > some script so that one element in my svg stays a fixed size and location
      > while zooms, pans, etc go on around it. I have Kevin Lindsey's excellent
      > script for doing this ... however, it assumes a preserveAspectRatio of
      > "none". My svg has preserveAspectRatio "xMidYMid meet", and the script in
      > question gets a little wonky when used with this aspect ratio.
      >
      > Is there any straightforward way to take the aspect ratio into account?
      Or
      > am I just digging myself a deeper hole? Any suggestions appreciated :)

      The second example on the following page works with all preserveAspectRatio
      settings. Note that this code does not account for nested viewBoxes or
      viewBoxes that a within a transformed element. Oh yeah, and I need to alter
      the code to account for the differences of getCTM() within ASV3 and ASV6PR.
      This currently only works in ASV3.

      http://www.kevlindev.com/gui/utilities/azap/index.htm

      HTH,
      Kevin
      KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com
    • Rick Bullotta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2003
        Anyone ever work with Sodipodi? If so, have you figured out a way to
        assign element id's? I've tried every dialog I could find to no
        avail...

        Thanks!

        - Rick
      • Kevin Lindsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2003
          > Anyone ever work with Sodipodi? If so, have you figured out a way to
          > assign element id's? I've tried every dialog I could find to no
          > avail...

          Right-click Object -> Dialogs -> XML Editor ... you can probably figure out
          the rest.

          Kevin
          KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com
        • Amanda Birmingham
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2003
            Hi, Kevin,
            This script looks perfect! I'm working on a piece of free bioinformatics
            software; is it permissible to use your AntiZoomAndPan utility within it
            (copyrights preserved, of course.) I couldn't find anything on your web
            site about the conditions under which you distribute your work.

            Amanda Birmingham
            Web Application Developer

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
              Yuck. Exactly what I wanted to avoid... ;>

              > Anyone ever work with Sodipodi? If so, have you figured out a way to
              > assign element id's? I've tried every dialog I could find to no
              > avail...

              Right-click Object -> Dialogs -> XML Editor ... you can probably figure
              out the rest.

              Kevin
              KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com

              -----