Re: [svg-developers] Embedded font in PDF to SVG

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2001
      moonhochung@... wrote:

      > I need help.
      >
      > I am converting PDF to SVG and I am having a hard time with embedded
      > fonts. I guess that an option is to convert the embedded fonts to
      > SVG fonts.

      Yes, that seems the best approach. SVG paths can express both quadratic and
      cubic beziers, so both Type 1 and TrueType outlines can be converted. You
      can also store the kerning information, and deal with both horizontal and
      vertical glyphs, for any Unicode character (in effect, SVG fonts always
      have Unicode 'cmaps').

      --
      Chris