CSS dynamic pseudo-classes in SVG & Adobe SVG Viewer, opacity gradients

  • Antoine Quint, Knowscape://
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2001
      Hey,

      I have been trying to use CSS dynamic pseudo-classes inside a collection of SVG documents.
      I am viewing them with Adobe's SVG viewer. I could not find a note on support for these in
      the viewer's (v2 candidate release) release notes but the spec says that conforming SVG
      User Agents should have support for the likes of :hover, :active and :focus. I have been
      trying to use mainly :hover on <a> elements to change their color and text-decoration when
      mousing over a link. This is how my CSS file looks like:

      a { text-decoration: none }
      a:hover { text-decoration: underline }

      This does not seem to work in the viewer. I was wondering if it was coming from the font
      this CSS property is supposed to be apllied to. Basically, my question is: is the UA
      supposed to draw the little underlining line itself, or is it the font supposed to have an
      "underlined" subset?

      My other problem is I can't seem to make opacity gradients as mask work. Since the current
      draft of the SVG specification has changed since the release of Illustrator 9 (the tool
      I'm using to generate most of my SVG code), the code it generates is no;onger working.
      What I am trying to do is mask an image with an opacity gradient to simulatea lateral
      fade-in effect: it has opacity "0" on the left and opacity "1" on the right. Could anyone
      point me to an example of this... I know I should make good use of the CSS "stop-opacity"
      property but I can't seem to make it work or find a sample in the spec.

      Thanks,

      antoine

      Antoine Quint <antoine@...>
      eXtensible developer

      k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com

      Knowscape LLC - 151 First Avenue, Suite 68 - New York, NY 10003 - USA
      +1 212 504 8168 tel
      +1 212 202 7700 fax

      Knowscape SARL - 9ter, rue Auguste Barbier 75011 Paris - France
      +33 1 40 21 00 07 tel
      +33 1 53 01 33 46 fax