Re: Trouble with Adobe's 1.0 plugin

  • jasenj1@mitre.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      [I posted earlier this morning, but that message hasn't shown up
      yet. Guess I'll post again.]

      With the beta plugin, the below SVG file works fine, in the 1.0
      plugin, the GIF image does not appear.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/namespace"
      xml:space="preserve" viewBox="0 0 900 900"
      preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin">
      <g id="map">
      <image xlink:href="\xml_jbi\data\tam\maps\images\eglin.gif"
      width=" 900 " height=" 900 "/>
      </g>
      </svg>

      By removing the "xmlns:xlink" attribute, the 1.0 plugin displays the
      image just fine.

      My problem is the SVG is created via a stylesheet processed with
      Xalan - which appears to automagically add the "xmlns:xlink"
      attribute to the "svg" element. According to the SVG spec, the xmlns
      attribute should be acceptable.

      So, something appears to be broke in the 1.0 browser that worked in
      the beta version.

      Any feedback?

      - Jasen.