Re: [svg-developers] embedding SVG in PDF with FOP ?

  • larry_mason@i2.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2003
      Try this.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="simple"
      page-height="11in"
      page-width="17in"
      margin-top="1in"
      margin-bottom="1in"
      margin-left="1in"
      margin-right="1in">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="2in"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="2in"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="1.5in"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="simple">
      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">

      <fo:block>
      <fo:external-graphic src="url(test.svg)"/>
      </fo:block>

      </fo:flow>
      </fo:page-sequence>
      </fo:root>

      Larry

      "mr_peter_real" <mr_peter_real@...>
      07/17/03 05:22 AM
      Please respond to svg-developers

      To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [svg-developers] embedding SVG in PDF with FOP ?

      Hello

      i want to embed a SVG document into a PDF, so it can be shown with
      the Adobe image viewer plug-in. I have a xsl-fo with a SVG included
      and I don't want FOP to produce a bitmap that is embed into the PDF.
      One way would be that i create the PDF without the SVG and after that
      I could use a tool like Kevin Lindseys Perl script to insert the SVG
      into the PDF.( http://www.kevlindev.com/utilities/index.htm)
      The nicer way would be to great a PDF with FOP that embeds a SVG
      directly into the PDF document. Is this possible ?

      bye
      Peter Real

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      To unsubscribe send a message to: