Re: [svg-developers] Re: Trying to insert HTML into SVG with foreignObject tag

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
      On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, 6:32:30 PM, stevenjmarks wrote:

      s> Yes I am using ASV3. Do you know of a way to insert HTML into an SVG
      s> document or can this not be done in ASV3?

      It can't be done in ASV3, as Paton mentioned. You could try Mozilla
      SVG, XSmiles, perhaps other mixed namespace implementations (does
      Konqueror allow khtml to be instantiated inside ksvg? Does the gnome
      bonobono (sp?) embedding allow that?)

      s> Thanks,

      s> Steve

      s> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Paton J. Lewis"
      s> <paton_lewis@y...> wrote:
      >> Because you're apparently using SVG exported from Adobe
      s> Illustrator,
      >> I'm guessing that you're trying to view the SVG file in Adobe SVG
      >> Viewer. ASV3 does not support HTML as a foreign object.
      >>
      >> Pat
      >>
      >> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "stevenjmarks"
      >> <stevenjmarks@y...> wrote:
      >> > Hello,
      >> >
      >> > I'm trying to insert HTML into SVG using the foreignObject tag.
      >> > Here's what I have done:
      >> >
      >> > In my doctype tag I have:
      >> >
      >> > <!ENTITY ns_flows "http://ns.adobe.com/Flows/1.0/">
      >> > <!ENTITY ns_svg "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
      >> > <!ENTITY ns_xlink "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
      >> > <!ENTITY ns_extend "http://ns.adobe.com/Extensibility/1.0/">
      >> > <!ENTITY ns_ai "http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeIllustrator/10.0/">
      >> > <!ENTITY ns_xhtml "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
      >> >

      >> > My SVG tag is:
      >> >
      >> > <svg id="main_svg" xmlns:xlink="&ns_xlink;"
      s> xmlns:x="&ns_extend;"

      s> requiredExtensions="http://www.mozilla.org/SVGExtensions/EmbeddedXHTM
      >> > ">
      >> > button</html:button>
      >> > </foreignObject>
      >> >

      >> > When I view the SVG I don't see the html button. What am I
      >> missing?
      >> >
      >> > Thanks,
      >> >
      >> > Steve

      s> -----
      s> -or-
      s> visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
      s> ----

      Chris mailto:chris@...
    • Paton J. Lewis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
        No, but it's possible to do the reverse. If you're only concerned
        with IE on Windows, ASV3 supports Microsoft Binary Behaviors, which
        allows you to put SVG elements directly into your HTML file. A
        sample was posted a while back which demonstrates this;
        see "Flag.html" in the files section: