RE: [svg-developers] Cold Fusion and SVG

  • Mitchell, Lincoln L.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
      I had problems getting coldfusion to generated an SVG file direct in the browser on some PC's so I used a HTML to embed the svg.cfm. However the SVG could not have the 1st line "<?xml version="1.0"?>" only the 'DOCTYPE' line.

      Example:

      In the HTML page put:
      <embed src="svg.cfm" width="100%" height="100%" type="image/svg+xml"/>

      In the SVG out:
      <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20010904//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
      <svg >
      <rect width="100" height="100"/>
      </svg>

      Don't forget to serve the page to the browser via the coldfusion server.

      Hope this helps

      Linc

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2005
        This is an old thread but here are some tips for the benefit of those
        who generate SVG using ColdFusion.

        The svg generated by your .cfm should be well-formed xml. If you take
        a valid svg file and find out that it is no longer one when served by
        CF, then pay attention to the following:

        - If it starts with the xml processing instruction (i.e. <?xml ...> ),
        then it should be the first line in the generated output. Typically CF
        adds blank lines during processing which can be prevented by
        preceeding the xml pi with cfcontent:
        <cfcontent type="image/svg-xml" reset="Yes"><?xml version="1.0"
        standalone="no"?>
        [Note that they are both on the same line]

        - If you are in debugging mode, debugging output is appended to the
        output of your SVG generating template as well, breaking the
        well-formedness of your SVG XML. Remember to disable debugging for
        that template:
        <cfsetting showDebugOutput="No">

        -If you have a MIME type issue, cfcontent can fix it (as in above):
        <cfcontent type="image/svg-xml" reset="Yes">

        Here's Lincoln's sample modified in accordance with the above:

        <cfsetting showDebugOutput="No">
        <cfcontent type="image/svg-xml" reset="Yes"><?xml version="1.0"
        standalone="no"?>
        <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20010904//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
        <svg >
        <rect width="100" height="100"/>
        </svg>

        Ayhan Ergul

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Mitchell, Lincoln L."
        <Lincoln.Mitchell@w...> wrote:
        > I had problems getting coldfusion to generated an SVG file direct in
        the browser on some PC's so I used a HTML to embed the svg.cfm.
        However the SVG could not have the 1st line "<?xml version="1.0"?>"
        only the 'DOCTYPE' line.

        > Example:
        >
        > In the HTML page put:
        > <embed src="svg.cfm" width="100%" height="100%"
        type="image/svg+xml"/>

        > In the SVG out:
        > <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20010904//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
        > <svg >
        > <rect width="100" height="100"/>
        > </svg>
        >
        > Don't forget to serve the page to the browser via the coldfusion
        server.

        > Hope this helps
        >
        > Linc

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        spam as this may confirm your email address to the spammer.
      • Mike Chambers
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2005
          fyi,

          Here is a post that shows how to ensure that no extra whitespace is
          added by ColdFusion:

          http://www.markme.com/cantrell/archives/006775.cfm

          mike chambers

          mesh@...