Re: SaveSnapshotAs for JavaScript files

  • Jim Ley
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
      "arvind_sareen" <arvind_sareen@...> wrote in message
      news:bbf7rk+u4d5@......
      > I am creating a dynamic svg file which contains JavaScript files as
      > part of xlink:href. I right click on the map and click on Save
      > Current State , it saves the current svg file with its content but I
      > am not able to save the JavaScript files which I have included as
      > xlink:href .

      If they are statically added, just bring them within the document, that will
      far and away be the easiest, the alternative is quite complicated.

      Jim.
    • arvind_sareen
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hi

        They can be added in the svg file itself but the problem is that the
        js file itself is of 4000 lines which has been broken into 3 - 4
        files so that they can be accessed properly. For clarity should I
        paste a part of my code .

        Regards
        Arvind

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:

        > "arvind_sareen" <arvind_sareen@y...> wrote in message
        > > I am creating a dynamic svg file which contains JavaScript files
        as
        > > part of xlink:href. I right click on the map and click on Save
        > > Current State , it saves the current svg file with its content
        but I
        > > am not able to save the JavaScript files which I have included as
        > > xlink:href .
        >
        > If they are statically added, just bring them within the document,
        that will
        > far and away be the easiest, the alternative is quite complicated.
        >
        > Jim.
      • Chris Peto
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003

          Just use getURL to get the js text and then postURL to write it with your
          svg by SnapShot.

          Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
          Chris Peto
          Freelance System Development
          ------------------------------------
          Resource Solutions
          Höhenweg 34
          63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
          Germany
          Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
          Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
          Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
          mailto:CPeto@...
          ------------------------------------
          Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
          http://www.schemasoft.org/

          I am creating a dynamic svg file which contains JavaScript files as
          part of xlink:href. I right click on the map and click on Save
          Current State , it saves the current svg file with its content but I
          am not able to save the JavaScript files which I have included as
          xlink:href .

          Please provide a workaround or solution to the above problem. If
          possible please provide with the sample code also.

          Regards

          Arvind

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          To unsubscribe send a message to:

        • Jim Ley
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
            "Chris Peto" <CPeto@...> wrote in message

            >Just use getURL to get the js text and then postURL to write it with your
            >svg by SnapShot.

            Save Snapshot is to save it locally though, not to post it back to the
            server, hence the complication... You would need to getURL the javascript as
            you say, and then replace the script elements referencing the external doc,
            with a script element with the content inline, cope with any encoding issues
            you then find, and allow that to be saved.

            I'm wondering if there is an easier approach to what the OP wants to achieve
            though if we get the server involved and don't use saveSnapShot - but have
            the server produce a static document to be saved.

            Jim.
          • Chris Peto
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
              What function makes a non static picture of the svg? printNode?

              Mit freundlichen Gru?en/Regards
              Chris Peto
              Freelance System Development
              ------------------------------------
              Resource Solutions
              Hohenweg 34
              63303 Dreieich - Gotzenhain

              -----

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                Hi

                Can u provide a sample code for the same so that I become more clear
                about how to go about it and I am able to proceed forward.

                Regards

                Arvind

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:

                > "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...> wrote in message
                >
                > >Just use getURL to get the js text and then postURL to write it
                with your
                > >svg by SnapShot.
                >
                > Save Snapshot is to save it locally though, not to post it back to
                the
                > server, hence the complication... You would need to getURL the
                javascript as
                > you say, and then replace the script elements referencing the
                external doc,
                > with a script element with the content inline, cope with any
                encoding issues
                > you then find, and allow that to be saved.
                >
                > I'm wondering if there is an easier approach to what the OP wants
                to achieve
                > though if we get the server involved and don't use saveSnapShot -
                but have
                > the server produce a static document to be saved.
                >
                > Jim.
              • Jim Ley
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                  > Can u provide a sample code for the same so that I become more clear
                  > about how to go about it and I am able to proceed forward.

                  It's non-trivial, if you say what you're trying to achieve, (such as I want
                  the user to be able to paint a picture then have it saved locally) there
                  might be a better approach involving the server.

                  Otherwise getURL, createElement/ appendChild/ removeChild etc. are the
                  methods you'll need to use.

                  Jim.
                • ronan@roasp.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                    Hi Arvind,

                    Look in your browser cache. Your javascript file will be there. In IE, it will
                    be clearly named, but in NS/MOZ you may want to clear your cache first since
                    the name is obfuscated.

                    Ronan

                    Quoting arvind_sareen <arvind_sareen@...>:

                    > Hi
                    >
                    > I am creating a dynamic svg file which contains JavaScript files as
                    > part of xlink:href. I right click on the map and click on Save
                    > Current State , it saves the current svg file with its content but I
                    > am not able to save the JavaScript files which I have included as
                    > xlink:href .
                    >
                    > Please provide a workaround or solution to the above problem. If
                    > possible please provide with the sample code also.
                    >

                    > Regards
                    >
                    > Arvind

                    > membership"

                  • Arvind Sareen
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                      Hi Ronan,

                      But how will i save these files on the local hard disk
                      of the client, so that the svg file saved on the hard
                      disk of the client functions on his machine without
                      giving any error i.e. uses all the functions of these
                      js files.

                      Arvind
                      --- ronan@... wrote:
                      > Hi Arvind,
                      >
                      > Look in your browser cache. Your javascript file
                      > will be there. In IE, it will
                      > be clearly named, but in NS/MOZ you may want to
                      > clear your cache first since
                      > the name is obfuscated.
                      >
                      > Ronan
                      >
                      > Quoting arvind_sareen <arvind_sareen@...>:
                      >
                      > > Hi
                      > >
                      > > I am creating a dynamic svg file which contains
                      > JavaScript files as
                      > > part of xlink:href. I right click on the map and
                      > click on Save
                      > > Current State , it saves the current svg file with
                      > its content but I
                      > > am not able to save the JavaScript files which I
                      > have included as
                      > > xlink:href .
                      > >
                      > > Please provide a workaround or solution to the
                      > above problem. If
                      > > possible please provide with the sample code also.
                      > >

                      > > Regards
                      > >
                      > > Arvind
                      > >

                      > > -----
                      > > To unsubscribe send a message to:
                      > > -or-
                      > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers
                      > and click "edit my
                      > > membership"
                      > > ----
                      > >
                      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      http://calendar.yahoo.com
                    • Jim Ley
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                        > Hi Ronan,
                        >
                        > But how will i save these files on the local hard disk
                        > of the client, so that the svg file saved on the hard
                        > disk of the client functions on his machine without
                        > giving any error i.e. uses all the functions of these
                        > js files.

                        I think my favoured solution for this will be to postURL some SVG snippets
                        back to the server, and have the server generate the complete document ready
                        to be saved, saveSnapShotAs isn't ideal, and the complication of external js
                        files will complicate life.

                        Jim.