Re: [svg-developers] Text Mirrored...

  • Adrian Frischauf
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2 1:08 AM
      Leonard Noel Jones wrote:
      > I have converted graphics (Bentley format .dgn) to svg. The image
      > is mirrored. The viewbox values are "573900.000000 1379900.000000
      > 3200.000000 2203.005000" (x,y,width,height). I have changed the
      > viewbox values to (x,-(y+height),width,height) and transforming the
      > graphics using <g transform="scale(1,-1)"> to mirror the graphics and
      > it works fine. But the text are still mirrored. I have transformed
      > the text as below to get the text angle.
      >
      > transform="translate(x,y) rotate(ang) translate(-x,-y)"

      As it works for your graphical parts, what you probably also
      want to use for your text is:

      transform="translate(x,y) scale(1,-1) translate(-x,-y)"

      If you move the text to the origin, rotate it and the move it back to
      the original position, what you get is just the text mirrored the other
      way round. But this is probably not what you want. Hope that's what you
      are aiming at.

      Adrian
    • James Ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3 2:16 AM
        Noel, In your mdl/macro, simply multiply your y values by -1 to
        orientate them correctly, also ensuring that your viewbox coordinats
        reflect what you are seeing.
        One answer anyway.
        James