problem with window.status

  • niesfisch2003
    Message 1 of 12 , May 28, 2003
      Hi,

      if I use this code in my svg File (standalone):

      window.status = "test";

      nothing happens. There is no changing in the status bar of my browser.
      my system ASV 3.0 + IE 6.0

      Can anyone help me ?

      Thanks

      Marcel
    • Chris Peto
      Message 2 of 12 , May 28, 2003
        Hi,

        I just tried:

        self.status = 'lnanim'+i+lineno+ " created";

        this worked in my js file.

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        Chris Peto
        Freelance System Development
        ------------------------------------
        Resource Solutions
        Höhenweg 34
        63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
        Germany
        Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
        mailto:CPeto@...
        ------------------------------------
        Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        http://www.schemasoft.org/

        if I use this code in my svg File (standalone):

        window.status = "test";

        nothing happens. There is no changing in the status bar of my browser.
        my system ASV 3.0 + IE 6.0

        Can anyone help me ?

        Thanks

        Marcel

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        To unsubscribe send a message to:

      • niesfisch2003
        Message 3 of 12 , May 28, 2003
          Hi Chris,

          this works - fine. But after some seconds the statusmessage
          disappears. Is there an easy way to let it stay for the rest of
          displaying the svg file. But I don´t want to use a script that re-
          displays it always. I search a parameter or something else that
          says "stay there for the rest of the time". Is there an oppertunity
          to do so ?

          Thanks

          Marcel

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...>

          > I just tried:
          >
          > self.status = 'lnanim'+i+lineno+ " created";
          >
          > this worked in my js file.
          >
          > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
          > Chris Peto
          > Freelance System Development
          > ------------------------------------
          > Resource Solutions
          > Höhenweg 34
          > 63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
          > Germany
          > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
          > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
          > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
          > mailto:CPeto@r...
          > ------------------------------------
          > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
          > http://www.schemasoft.org/

          Service.

        • Chris Peto
          Message 4 of 12 , May 28, 2003
            Hi,

            I saw this too. Maybe it all depends on when you set the status. I
            remember seeing somewhere about returning true and the explorer does leave
            the status alone, but I can remember now. I think it might be in my
            Javascript book.

            Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
            Chris Peto
            Freelance System Development
            ------------------------------------
            Resource Solutions
            Höhenweg 34
            63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
            Germany
            Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
            Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
            Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
            mailto:CPeto@...
            ------------------------------------
            Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
            http://www.schemasoft.org/

            this works - fine. But after some seconds the statusmessage
            disappears. Is there an easy way to let it stay for the rest of
            displaying the svg file. But I don´t want to use a script that re-
            displays it always. I search a parameter or something else that
            says "stay there for the rest of the time". Is there an oppertunity
            to do so ?

            Thanks

            Marcel

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...>

            > I just tried:
            >
            > self.status = 'lnanim'+i+lineno+ " created";
            >
            > this worked in my js file.
            >
            > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
            > Chris Peto
            > Freelance System Development
            > ------------------------------------
            > Resource Solutions
            > Höhenweg 34
            > 63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
            > Germany
            > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
            > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
            > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
            > mailto:CPeto@r...
            > ------------------------------------
            > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
            > http://www.schemasoft.org/

            Service.

            Message 5 of 12 , May 28, 2003
              Hi Chris,

              I will google for it - maybe I can find it.

              Thanks

              Marcel

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...>

              > I saw this too. Maybe it all depends on when you set the status. I
              > remember seeing somewhere about returning true and the explorer
              does leave
              > the status alone, but I can remember now. I think it might be in my
              > Javascript book.
              >
              > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
              > Chris Peto
              > Freelance System Development
              > ------------------------------------
              > Resource Solutions
              > Höhenweg 34
              > 63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
              > Germany
              > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
              > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
              > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
              > mailto:CPeto@r...
              > ------------------------------------
              > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
              > http://www.schemasoft.org/

              Service.

            • Chris Peto

                Message 7 of 12 , May 28, 2003
                  Hi,

                  I used self.defaultStatus and the status comes back. I also just reread
                  that from certain events, i.e. onmouseover, if you return true then the
                  status line will not be overwritten.

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 28, 2003
                    Hi,

                    yes but this doesn´t work , too. After some second it disappears.

                    self.defaultStatus - not correct
                    window.defaultStatus - not correct
                    parent.defaultStatus - not correct

                    Service.

                  • Chris Peto
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 28, 2003
                      Yes, It does disappear because of events that overwrite it. If you hold
                      your mouse over the status bar it will reappear by defaultStatus. That
                      means you need to return true for whichever event that is erasing the status
                      line.

                      Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
                      Chris Peto
                      Freelance System Development
                      ------------------------------------
                      Resource Solutions
                      Höhenweg 34
                      63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
                      Germany
                      Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
                      Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
                      Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
                      mailto:CPeto@...
                      ------------------------------------
                      Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
                      http://www.schemasoft.org/

                      yes but this doesn´t work , too. After some second it disappears.

                      self.defaultStatus - not correct
                      window.defaultStatus - not correct
                      parent.defaultStatus - not correct

                      Thanks

                      Marcel

                      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...>

                      > have you tried defaultStatus?
                      >
                      > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
                      > Chris Peto
                      > Freelance System Development
                      > ------------------------------------
                      > Resource Solutions
                      > Höhenweg 34
                      > 63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
                      > Germany
                      > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
                      > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
                      > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
                      > mailto:CPeto@r...
                      > ------------------------------------
                      > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
                      > http://www.schemasoft.org/

                      Service.

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      -----

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                        hi chris,

                        thank you.

                        wrote:
                        > Yes, It does disappear because of events that overwrite it. If you
                        hold
                        > your mouse over the status bar it will reappear by defaultStatus.
                        That
                        > means you need to return true for whichever event that is erasing
                        the status
                        > line.
                        >
                        > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
                        > Chris Peto
                        > Freelance System Development
                        > ------------------------------------
                        > Resource Solutions
                        > Höhenweg 34
                        > 63303 Dreieich - Götzenhain
                        > Germany
                        > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
                        > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
                        > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
                        > mailto:CPeto@r...
                        > ------------------------------------
                        > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
                        > http://www.schemasoft.org/

                        Service.

                      • iceman_7012002
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 6 1:34 PM
                          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "niesfisch2003"
                          <Marcel.Sauer@g...> wrote:
                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > if I use this code in my svg File (standalone):
                          >
                          > window.status = "test";
                          >
                          > nothing happens. There is no changing in the status bar of my
                          browser.
                          > my system ASV 3.0 + IE 6.0
                          >
                          > Can anyone help me ?
                          >
                          > Thanks
                          >
                          > Marcel

                          try
                          browserEval("status = 'ASAP'");
                          will make it stays a little bit longer...
                        • Marcel
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 6 11:36 PM
                            thanks, but I already solved it :-)

                            Marcel