RE: [svg-developers] Re: DOM Tree Viewer

  • Michael Bierman
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2001

      By using the 'Copy SVG' command in the Adobe SVG Viewer menu, you can find the current state of the DOM.

      Michael Bierman
      Senior Product Manager, SVG Product Marketing
      mbierman@...  http://www.adobe.com/svg

      Adobe Systems - "Inspiration becomes reality."

      345 Park Avenue
      San Jose, California 95110

      href="mailto:nstansbury@...">mailto:nstansbury@...]

      Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 6:57 AM
      svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [svg-developers] Re: DOM Tree
      Viewer

      > Batik doesn't really do what I want in regards to
      viewing the DOM
      > tree.  I have been trying to find away of showing
      how the tree is
      > changing dynamically in regards to scripting events,
      especially for
      > things like Kevin Lindsey's Node_Builder, and any other
      scripts that
      > manipulate the actual Tree itself.

      Neil

      Curtis" wrote:

      > > >         I've just realised - a
      visual DOM representer would be
      > extremely an
      > > > extremely
      useful thing in so many areas: Part of why I
      > couldn't 'get'
      > > > Javascript years ago was because I couldn't visualise a 'map' of

      what's now
      > > > come to become the DOM. All it was was a collection
      of mysterious
      > keywords,
      > > > and even more mysterious
      properties and suchlike. Now I know it's
      > also

      representable as a tree, that would have helped immensely.

      > > Yes.
      > >
      > > > I wonder if it
      > > > would
      help non-programmers somewhat if we could see the DOM
      > through a
      sort
      > > > of patchbay/module thing, where you can see what goes
      where, see
      > how much of
      > > > it all there is, and see what
      concerns you and what doesn't.

      > > Yes, and this already
      exists. Load your SVG file into Batik and you
      > will be
      > > able
      to use a DOM tree view that lets you navigate to a particular

      element,
      > > see its position in the DOM tree, see the value of all
      its
      > attributes and
      > > see the cascaded CSS property values on
      that element.

      target=_blank>http://xml.apache.org/batik

      --

      Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-~>
      > Find software faster. Search
      more than 20,000
      > software solutions on KnowledgeStorm. Register

      now and get started.

      href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/1n6YlB/TM" target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/1n6YlB/TM

    • Gennady Yakubovich
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
        Hi SVG community.
        Are threre any SVG support on UNIX/Linux platforms ?
        Thanks in advance.

        Gennady Yakubovich.

      • Antoine Quint, Knowscape://
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
          Yes,

          You can try out W3C's amaya (http://w3.org/amaya) or Apache's batik (http://xml.apache.org/batik)

          antoine
        • Miguel Cuesta - Cadvision SL
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
            Does anybody know SODIPRODI?

            Sodipodi is a small vector based drawing program for
            GNOME environment. It loads and saves subset of SVG format.

            Sodipodi user interface should be familiar from CorelDraw
            and similar drawing programs. There are rectangles,
            ellipses, text items, bitmap images and freehand curves.
            As an added bonus both vector and bitmap objects can have
            alpha transparency and can be arbitrarily transformed.

            Sodipodi supports multiple opened files and multiple views
            per file. Graphics can be printed and exported to png bitmaps.

            http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net

            Regards,

            Miguel Cuesta
            Cadvision SL (Technical Dept.)