Exporting SVG to .pdf

  • Mudit Garg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Hi All I want to export svg to a printable format (.pdf if possible). Is it possible ?I have a html page with svg image embedded in it . Please suggest. ByeMuds

      visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

      There are 25 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Displaying svg
      From: AndrewWatt2001@...
      2. Re: setting currentTranslate does not work when setting x AND y
      From: "belenase"
      3. Re: Displaying svg
      From: "Bernhard Zwischenbrugger"
      4. Re: Re: Displaying svg
      From: Chris Lilley
      5. getClientX() and getClientY()
      From: "acayci"
      6. RE: getClientX() and getClientY()
      From: "Chris Peto"
      7. corel-plus new version corel viewer
      From: "michael bolger"
      8. release of Corel Smart Graphics Studio today
      From: "michael bolger"
      9. How get ClientX() and ClientY() for X and Y of rect
      From: "William Castro G."
      10. RE: Scale and Translate values
      From: "William Castro G."
      11. Re: release of Corel Smart Graphics Studio today
      From: AndrewWatt2001@...
      12. Corel-very cool demo's
      From: "michael bolger"
      13. svd fonts
      From: Georgios Grigoriadis
      14. Frame problems - again!!
      From: "mattward195"
      15. Corel Smart Graphics Studio now available!
      From: "Benoit Bezaire"
      16. Frame problems - again!!
      From: "mattward195"
      17. Re: Frame problems - again!!
      From: "Bernhard Zwischenbrugger"
      18. RE: release of Corel Smart Graphics Studio today
      From: "Ellen's pecphila"
      19. Re: Corel-very cool demo's
      From: AndrewWatt2001@...
      20. Re: Corel-very cool demo's
      From: "michael bolger"
      21. RE: problems downloading... Corel-very cool demo's
      From: "vasu"
      22. Re: Generating and displaying SVG using XSL
      From: "rob_m_mckinnon"
      23. Re: Free vectorized worldmap
      From: "rob_m_mckinnon"
      24.
      From: Antoine Quint
      25. RE: Re: Free vectorized worldmap
      From: "Blaine Brodie"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:58:54 EDT
      From: AndrewWatt2001@...
      Subject: Re: Displaying svg

      In a message dated 30/04/2003 11:31:59 GMT Daylight Time, megumm99@...
      writes:

      The XML declaration should be on the first line of an XML document, without
      even a single preceding space. It doesn't belong many lines into your code.

      If you are using XSLT then it isn't obvious how the XML declaration is ending
      up in an incorrect place.

      > > xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      > xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">

      The SVG elements are shown in your code with no prefix. So the namespace
      declaration should be xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg".

      But it may be that neither of those issues are actually causing your problem.

      > This page is blank.

      Is there any error message? For example in the status bar of the browser?

      > When I cut out the svg part and save it as a .svg file it displays
      > fine.

      When you do that the XML declaration would/could be in the correct place.

      Andrew Watt

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:36:43 -0000
      From: "belenase"
      Subject: Re: setting currentTranslate does not work when setting x AND y

      > >I guess using setTimeout will help:
      > > docElement.currentTranslate.x = x;
      > > setTimeout("docElement.currentTranslate.y = y", someMilliSecs);
      > >but that's not a clean solution. Any other suggestions?
      > >

      > that *is* the solution and it is :-( the problem is that the
      timeout is
      > machine dependent. good values are between 300 and 500 ms for large
      files.

      That's really sad - I already implemented it that way, hoping,
      someone will show me a better solution. On my (slow) machine a 30ms
      timeout seems to be good using the svg file I use right now.

      But the user can watch the separated x / y movement due to the
      timeout.

      My solution now is:

      function setNewTranslate(x, y) {
      if (docElement.currentTranslate.x != x)
      docElement.currentTranslate.x = x;
      if (docElement.currentTranslate.y != y) {
      if (docElement.currentTranslate.x != x)
      setTimeout("docElement.currentTranslate.y = " + y, 30);
      else docElement.currentTranslate.y = y;

      I use the timeout for currentTranslate.y only if my new
      currentTranslate.x is not yet set, so at least some of
      my "translations" look good.

      > that is something i am dreaming about too. wrote a lot of
      statements to
      > adobe and w3c. but no answer yet :-( by the way this one-line-
      statement
      > should also include the scale (z): svg.setXYZ(x,y,z) , then it
      would be
      > perfect.

      Many people already wrote to adobe making their plugin work with
      netscape/mozilla - nothing happened here, too.

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:41:56 -0000
      From: "Bernhard Zwischenbrugger"

      > This page is blank.
      > When I cut out the svg part and save it as a .svg file it displays
      > fine.

      As far as I know, it is not possible to have html and SVG in
      the same file.

      In the future you can use mixed namespaces (XHTML + SVG) but at the
      moment you have to find an other solution.

      Possible solutions:

      Use exsl:document to generete xhtml + svg files with one xslt
      http://www.exslt.org/exsl/elements/document/index.html

      You can work with client side XSLT and generate xhtml+svg from
      one xml.

      Bernhard
      http://datenkueche.com

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:30:50 +0200
      From: Chris Lilley
      Subject: Re: Re: Displaying svg

      On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, 1:41:56 PM, Bernhard wrote:

      >> This page is blank.
      >> When I cut out the svg part and save it as a .svg file it displays
      >> fine.

      BZ> As far as I know, it is not possible to have html and SVG in
      BZ> the same file.

      Yes, it is. But, you probably mean 'in the html browser you are using
      right now' and that statement has a good chance to be statistically
      correct.

      BZ> In the future you can use mixed namespaces (XHTML + SVG) but at the
      BZ> moment you have to find an other solution.

      Or use an implementation that supports those two namespaces.

      --
      Chris mailto:chris@...

      Message: 5
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:52:25 -0000
      From: "acayci"
      Subject: getClientX() and getClientY()

      Hi,

      I have two svg elements. They are defined as follows:

      xml:space="preserve"
      viewBox="0 0 1024 768"
      zoomAndPan="disable"
      viewBox="-76.59, 38.36 0.14 0.16"
      preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin meet"
      onzoom="resetCoords()"
      onscroll="resetCoords()"
      onmousemove="showCoords(evt)">

      Now I know that the upper left corner of the second svg is 100, 100.
      So when I use evt.getClientX() and evt.getClientY(), I was expecting
      to get 100, 100 or something like that, but I am getting
      evt.getClientX() = 180 (or something like that) and evt.getCleintY()
      = 110 (or something like that). Would you please explain why that is?

      Thanks,

      Mustafa

      Message: 6
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:12:23 +0200
      From: "Chris Peto"
      Subject: RE: getClientX() and getClientY()

      Hi,

      These are mouse coordinates not your svg coordinates, nothing like in some
      windows API.

      Mit freundlichen Gr��en/Regards
      Chris Peto
      System Development
      ------------------------------------
      Resource Solutions
      H�henweg 34
      63303 Dreieich - G�tzenhain
      Germany
      Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
      Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
      Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
      mailto:CPeto@...
      ------------------------------------
      Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
      http://www.schemasoft.org/

      I have two svg elements. They are defined as follows:

      xml:space="preserve"
      viewBox="0 0 1024 768"
      zoomAndPan="disable"
      viewBox="-76.59, 38.36 0.14 0.16"
      preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin meet"
      onzoom="resetCoords()"
      onscroll="resetCoords()"
      onmousemove="showCoords(evt)">

      Now I know that the upper left corner of the second svg is 100, 100.
      So when I use evt.getClientX() and evt.getClientY(), I was expecting
      to get 100, 100 or something like that, but I am getting
      evt.getClientX() = 180 (or something like that) and evt.getCleintY()
      = 110 (or something like that). Would you please explain why that is?

      Thanks,

      Mustafa

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      -----
      To unsubscribe send a message to:

      Message: 7
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:18:07 -0700
      From: "michael bolger"
      Subject: corel-plus new version corel viewer

      also new version of their svg viewer :)

      Message: 8
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:13:45 -0700
      From: "michael bolger"
      Subject: release of Corel Smart Graphics Studio today

      HI, Corel released their Smart Graphics Studio today.
      http://www.corel.com/smartgraphics

      thanks
      michael
      http://www.svgx.org

      Message: 9
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:31:54 -0500
      From: "William Castro G."
      Subject: How get ClientX() and ClientY() for X and Y of rect

      A questions
      If I have a

      Does exist some way to get the ClientX and ClientY
      For the cooords's x and y

      Bill

      Message: 10
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:43:42 -0500
      From: "William Castro G."
      Subject: RE: Scale and Translate values

      The translates and scales are related to an specific objetc

      If you have:

      If you use the menu Zoom and Pan or CTRL + MOUSE or ALT + MOUSE
      Then the translates and scale are associates to

      svgRoot = evt.getTarget().getOwnerDocument().getDocumentElement();

      if you use svgRoot.getCTM() and watch
      svgRoot.getCTM().a = scale
      svgRoot.getCTM().d = translate X
      svgRoot.getCTM().f = translate Y

      for the matrix [a c e ]
      [ b d f ]

      for translates and scales a = d = currentScales; b=c = 0 ;
      e = currentTranslate.x ; f = currentTranslate.y

      BUT
      The g element

      gCTM = svgDoc.getElementById("myG").
      gCTM.getCTM().a = 1
      gCTM.getCTM().d = 0
      gCTM.getCTM().f = 0

      BUT if sometime you do :
      svgDoc.getElementById("myG").setAttribute("transform", "translate(100 50)")

      the next time
      gCTM.getCTM().a = 0
      gCTM.getCTM().d = 100
      gCTM.getCTM().f = 50

      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:23:33 EDT
      From: AndrewWatt2001@...
      Subject: Re: release of Corel Smart Graphics Studio today

      michael@... writes:

      > HI, Corel released their Smart Graphics Studio today.
      > http://www.corel.com/smartgraphics

      Michael,

      Maybe there is more than 3,614 (or whatever) on this list. :) .... That URL
      always seems to be busy.

      The only way in I could find was to go to www.corel.com then follow the
      SmartGraphics link - which led to a Press Release. From their I could get to
      the rest of the information on SmartGraphics.

      It is priced as a serious development tool. Free upgrade to version 2.0 so
      that is encouraging. :)

      There is also a link to a free trial on the Product Information page.

      Andrew Watt

      Message: 12
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:39:05 -0700
      From: "michael bolger"
      Subject: Corel-very cool demo's

      very cool demo's- check out the "facilities lighting"
      http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Products/resources&id=1042152819585

      (a bit over-caffinated)
      michael

      Message: 13
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:17:30 +0100
      From: Georgios Grigoriadis
      Subject: svd fonts

      hi everybody,
      does anybody knows where can I find a full list with the fonts that svg
      supports? are these fonts depending by the plugin or the browser?
      thenx

      Message: 14
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:45:47 -0000
      From: "mattward195"
      Subject: Frame problems - again!!

      Sorry to post this one again, but I've been wrestling with this and
      using the comments suggested a few days ago, but being a novice to
      all this I just can't get the result intended!

      I have 2 frames - an HTML one (name="HTML") and an SVG one
      (name="body"). A mouse click in the HTML frame should invoke a
      function in the SVG frame.

      Can anyone alter the code below as I'm having real trouble with
      error messages and can't understand the suggestions from the group.

      Much appreciated!
      Matt

      HTML
      ----

      function addme(g) {

      parent.body.document.embeds[0].alterelem(g)

      }

      Click

      etc....

      SVG
      ---

      xmlns:adobe30="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeSVGViewerExtensions/3.0/"
      adobe30:scriptImplementation="Adobe" width="450" height="400">

      instanceName='body';

      function callInstance (instanceName, functionName, kk)
      {
      var instance = findInstanceByName(instanceName);
      instance[functionName](kk);
      }

      // THIS BIT ABOVE IS USED TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANOTHER SVG DOC

      svgdoc=parent.body.document.embeds[0].getSVGDocument();

      function alterelem(ll)
      {
      document.getElementById('shp').style.setProperty('fill', ll);
      }

      ]]>

      Message: 15
      Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:56:11 -0400
      From: "Benoit Bezaire"
      Subject: Corel Smart Graphics Studio now available!

      Hi everyone,

      Great news! As you already know Corel Smart Graphics Studio is now
      available, see http://www.corel.com/smartgraphics for more information).

      "Reliable, easily updated and based on open standards, Corel(r) Smart
      Graphics Studio dramatically speeds up the development and maintenance
      of data-driven, enterprise-class graphical applications for Extranets
      and Intranets.

      Smart graphics are scalable, graphically rich and fully interactive.
      Because it gives you the power to connect data, logic and graphics using
      XML standards, Corel Smart Graphics Studio truly enables extensibility
      and interoperability, so you can build cutting-edge graphical
      applications in a fraction of the time.

      Rapidly produce data-driven SVG applications with graphical manipulation
      tools that automate code generation. Turn your data into XML-based
      interfaces with reusable XSLT templates. Increase efficiency with
      pre-built UI objects. A simple drag-and-drop environment lets you create
      client and server-side relationships between objects and data, and build
      runtime deployment of your applications. With Corel Smart Graphics
      Studio, you can significantly cut development time and create a whole
      new generation of graphical applications. "

      There's also an update of the Corel SVG viewer available for download
      (see, http://www.corel.com/svgviewer). Here are some of the new
      features in this update:

      - support for internal and external objects
      - support for markers
      - support for SVG fonts
      - improved DOM scripting support
      - Netscape 7 support
      - script Error Console
      (please refer to release notes for more detail).

      A technical specification of the currently supported features is also
      available on the viewer page.

      Going to SVG Open? Make sure to attend Corel's presentation on Smart
      Graphics Studio to learn more about this new powerful application!

      Regards,

      Benoit Bezaire
      Corel Corporation
      W3C SVG Working Group