Re: [svg-developers] My article on SVG now on creativepro.com

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2000
      George Penston wrote:

      > Please, let me know what you think of it:
      >
      > http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/8057.html

      Nice article. There is one small part, though, which seems confused:

      >> SVG is an open format developed by a coalition of
      >> Web-related companies.

      It seems odd that you don't say what consortium developed SVG - W3C.

      >> In brief, it promises a text-based
      >> file format that is at once easy to use, space-efficient, and
      >> compatible with a range of browser devices -- from
      >> computers to palmtops to cell phones. Given recent news
      >> that the W3C (Worldwide Web Consortium) has accepted
      >> SVG as a "recommended candidate"

      That sort of makes it sound as if W3C was only involved as a sort of
      "acceptance" as opposed to "design and development". As if W3C had little
      to do with it ....

      Is it too late to have this statement corrected?

      --
      Chris Lilley
      Chair, W3C SVG Working Group