[svg-developers] Use SMIL to change rending order?

  • James Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2003
      Thanks for Paul and Ronan's help on my previous question
      about using SVG in a stream. It's so intersting to manipulate
      node in Javascript and SMIL.

      Now I have got another question. Hope if anyone can give me
      some hints?

      I am thinking the following situation in some animation
      requirements:

      <use id="obj1" ... />
      <use id="obj2" ... />
      <use id="ojbn" ... />

      According to SVG spec, the rending oder of the above
      code will be

      "obj1" -> "obj2" ... -> "objn"

      i.e. "obj1" will be drawn first, and "objn" will be drawn last.

      Now I need to change their attributes to implement some
      animation effects, but the problem is: besides changing the
      attributes, I also need to change the rending orders. I spent
      some time on 'set' command, but it seems the rending order
      is still the same as they specified in 'use' command.

      I am wondering that :
      Is it possible I can use some SMIL command to re-order
      the rending order, for example in addition to changing their
      attributes I can also change their rending sequence at the
      same time?

      like

      "objn" -> "obj2" ... -> "obj1"

      Any information and comments will be greatly appreciated.

      James Zhou