getting absolute textposition with script?

  • Goeran Zaengerlein
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 8:08 AM
      Hi *,

      I am working on rastering SVG and creating a clickable imagemap for it.
      What I do right now is, determine the position and size of text elements
      with some script in the ASV and saving this information on the server.
      It worked fine for a few SVGs but now I have some others where there are
      group tags around the text tags and the groups are transformed by a
      matrix.

      The problem now is that the position of the text elements are not
      correct anymore. So far I retrieved the x/y coord of my text with
      getStartPositionOfChar(0). Is there any function which gives me the
      absolute value for the actual postition of a text or char taking into
      account any transformations from parent nodes?

      help would be greatly appreciated :)

      thanks a lot,
      Goeran