putting alignment in a stylesheet

  • ricardo3941 <ricardo3941@yahoo.co.uk>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm having an SVG file containing pictures(<image>) and descriptions
      (<text>) under it. A 'viewer' can adjust the layout using a CSS-
      stylesheet, like changing the font type or the color of the
      descriptions(For the background of the text I have <rect>'s defined.)
      I would also like the viewer to be able to select left-alignment or
      center-alignment of the descriptions.
      Using the text-anchor the alignment can be done, but for center-
      alignment, the x-position has to be shifted too.
      Is this possible via a stylesheet? within SVG you can use dx, but
      that is not an option for a stylsheet.

      Thanks for any sugggestions,

      Ricardo