Re: [svg-developers] center point issue Re: What would u except in a Svg Editor?

  • josh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2003
      scorpio_s77 wrote:
      >>All groups should be located at the center of their bounding
      >>box,
      >

      > Good point. However, I think from the application software point of
      > view, it is possibly more consistent to have the same coordinate
      > reference scheme -- corner of bouding box for ALL types of objects,
      > be it a group or not.

      I'd say that for consistency it'd be nice for all objects to be located
      at the *center* of thier bounding boxes, but I believe that this can
      make text difficult to manage.

      > As far as the rotating center, scaling center or skew center are
      > concerned, there are some tricks:
      >[...hack hack hack...]
      > Well, I agree it would have been hard to figure out all these and
      > the reference coordinates manually.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Ryan

      Exactly. The bottom line for me is that 95% of the time when I want to
      rotate a group or object, I don't want it to magically circle the origin
      - I want it to revolve around it's center. Authoring systems should
      take this into account.

      - josh