RE: [svg-developers] Writing along a path

  • Ori Burstein
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
      Thanks Antoine,
      It now prints along the path,
      But now it seems like the SVG displays only the last
      digit I print ("e") and not all the text it should
      ("abcde").
      Any idea?

      Thanks,
      Ori.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003

        > Thanks Antoine,
        > It now prints along the path,
        > But now it seems like the SVG displays only the last
        > digit I print ("e") and not all the text it should
        > ("abcde").
        > Any idea?

        I get the last three characters "cde" because the path is too short. If
        you want all your text to display you should lengthen your path.

        Antoine
        --
        Antoine Quint <antoine.quint@...>
        SVG Consultant & Research Engineer, Fuchsia Design
        W3C SVG Working Group Invited Expert
        Journal - http://use.perl.org/~graouts/journal/
      • Antoine Quint
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003

          > I get the last three characters "cde" because the path is too short. If
          > you want all your text to display you should lengthen your path.

          Sorry, I spoke too quick. The problem stems from having "text-anchor:
          middle" which will start printing your string at the origin of the path
          starting at the middle of the string itself. The bit that is not on the
          path is clipped, hence you don't see "ab".

          Antoine
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
            Thnx,
            Now it really works fine.