async when loading SVG?

  • zinax2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      Dear SVG-ers,

      I would like to load an SVG file, read some data from it, then load
      another one in the same embed tag, etc., smth like:

      document.temp.setSrc('b.svg')
      SVGdoc = document.temp.getSVGDocument()
      somenumber1 = SVGdoc.getElementsByTagName("l").getLength()

      document.temp.setSrc('c.svg')
      SVGdoc = document.temp.getSVGDocument()
      somenumber2 = SVGdoc.getElementsByTagName("l").getLength()

      where in the BODY:

      <embed width="0" height="0" src="a.svg" name="temp" >

      If reading an XML file in IE5, I would just load it with async=false.
      Is there a similar way to make a browser wait while an SVG file
      loads? I am especially interested if this can be done under Netscape
      4.
      Thank you very much,
      - Ilya