Latest Updates to the SVG HTC
- For anyone that is using the SVG.htc,
There are a bunch of new updates to the IE 5.5 svg.htc file. The latest
file is on the eGroups site.
Here�s the updates:
1. Add onResultComplete event. This event will fire once the complete SVG
tree is moved to the Viewer. The event is there so you can hide the element
until fully rendered. It eliminates the annoying flash of the SVG file name
before the viewer loads. It also eliminates the flash of scroll bars
created by IE that happens before the Viewer is completely loaded. By
setting the element visibility style to hidden before rendering, and then to
visible when the onResultComplete event fires, you eliminate the flashes.
2. Added the opacity attribute to all visual SVG tags. Fixes an error in
the original htc
3. Implement the height and width attributes of the SVG tag. The Viewer
will automatically be sized to the SVG height and width attributes.
4. Correct dynamically added CSS style attributes of SVG tags. Any Style
attributes added via code were not translated to their CSS counterpart, i.e
fontFamily was not translated to font-family within the cssText attribute.
5. Add clipRule to the list of Style Attributes.
6. Copy the html page CSS style tags to the SVG Viewer. Now all CSS
statements can be kept page level and reused by all SVG Viewers embedded in
the page. Still to do � Update all SVG Viewers CSS when the HTML page CSS
is updated thru code. Problem � Embedded Fonts do not get transferred to
the SVG Viewer. They must be referenced thru a URL.
Any questions or coding volunteers, please email me.
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com