Re: [svg-developers] Re: Unrecognized DocType Declaration

  • Tobias Reif
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2002
      jabberwock_mo wrote:

      > --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:
      >
      >>Anyone else having problems with
      >>http://www.pinkjuice.com/txt/basictemplate.svg ?
      >>AFAICS, there's nothing wrong with it.
      >>

      > Netscape 4.7 and Mozilla 1.0RC3 show the SVG source (which I assume
      > was intended, given the content-type).

      Yes. People can view it (if it would be served as SVG, then one would
      have to view source; this step is saved), then select-all + copy&paste,
      or save as, then build an SVG on it.

      > IE 5.5 under W98 starts up ASV and shows a blank page. I think that's
      > due to IE's "Content-Type by extension" problem. If I selected "Show
      > Source" from the ASV popup menu, it showed the basictemplate.svg
      > source correctly (at least at a first glance).

      Thanks for testing, but it's not about the template as served; it's a
      basic skeleton to be used as basis for SVG documents. So testing would
      mean to fill in content, add title and desc, perhaps some attributes to
      the root element, then save as .svg and open as file://, or serve it as
      SVG and open it over HTTP.

      Does it work for you?

      Tobi

      --
      http://www.pinkjuice.com/
    • jabberwock_mo
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2002
        --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:

        > Thanks for testing, but it's not about the template as served; it's a
        > basic skeleton to be used as basis for SVG documents. So testing would
        > mean to fill in content, add title and desc, perhaps some attributes to
        > the root element, then save as .svg and open as file://, or serve it as
        > SVG and open it over HTTP.

        Sorry, I thought the issue was whether the skeleton gave errors (as
        the previous poster reported with IE6). Either way, since my IE
        ignored the Content-Type and displayed it as SVG (without errors), I
        can't confirm the previous poster's error under IE5.5.

        JADP (Just Another DataPoint).
        --
        John Breen