Re: Unrecognized DocType Declaration

  • jabberwock_mo
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 31, 2002
      --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:
      > Anyone else having problems with
      > http://www.pinkjuice.com/txt/basictemplate.svg ?
      > AFAICS, there's nothing wrong with it.

      Netscape 4.7 and Mozilla 1.0RC3 show the SVG source (which I assume
      was intended, given the content-type).

      IE 5.5 under W98 starts up ASV and shows a blank page. I think that's
      due to IE's "Content-Type by extension" problem. If I selected "Show
      Source" from the ASV popup menu, it showed the basictemplate.svg
      source correctly (at least at a first glance).
      --
      John Breen
    • Tobias Reif
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2002
        jabberwock_mo wrote:

        > --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:
        >
        >>Anyone else having problems with
        >>http://www.pinkjuice.com/txt/basictemplate.svg ?
        >>AFAICS, there's nothing wrong with it.
        >>

        > Netscape 4.7 and Mozilla 1.0RC3 show the SVG source (which I assume
        > was intended, given the content-type).

        Yes. People can view it (if it would be served as SVG, then one would
        have to view source; this step is saved), then select-all + copy&paste,
        or save as, then build an SVG on it.

        > IE 5.5 under W98 starts up ASV and shows a blank page. I think that's
        > due to IE's "Content-Type by extension" problem. If I selected "Show
        > Source" from the ASV popup menu, it showed the basictemplate.svg
        > source correctly (at least at a first glance).

        Thanks for testing, but it's not about the template as served; it's a
        basic skeleton to be used as basis for SVG documents. So testing would
        mean to fill in content, add title and desc, perhaps some attributes to
        the root element, then save as .svg and open as file://, or serve it as
        SVG and open it over HTTP.

        Does it work for you?

        Tobi

        --
        http://www.pinkjuice.com/
      • jabberwock_mo
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1, 2002
          --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:

          > Thanks for testing, but it's not about the template as served; it's a
          > basic skeleton to be used as basis for SVG documents. So testing would
          > mean to fill in content, add title and desc, perhaps some attributes to
          > the root element, then save as .svg and open as file://, or serve it as
          > SVG and open it over HTTP.

          Sorry, I thought the issue was whether the skeleton gave errors (as
          the previous poster reported with IE6). Either way, since my IE
          ignored the Content-Type and displayed it as SVG (without errors), I
          can't confirm the previous poster's error under IE5.5.

          JADP (Just Another DataPoint).
          --
          John Breen