updating SVG generator from Adobe V1 plugin / draft SVG spec to latest

  • jctheriot
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 11:04 AM
      Hi -- I'm new to this list, didn't find an answer to my problem in
      the archives ...

      I inherited some code which generates SVG files, which can be
      correctly viewed with version 1 of the Adobe plugin, which was
      evidently based on an early draft of the SVG spec. If I view the
      files with a more recent plugin, there are problems which seem to be
      due to differences in how the scale and translate functions are
      encoded using the transform attribute.

      Anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

      Jim
      --------------------------
      Jim Theriot
      POSC -- Energy eStandards
      9801 Westheimer, Suite 450
      Houston TX 77042
      Jim.Theriot@...
      +1.713.267.5109
      --------------------------
    • Chris Lilley
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 11:29 AM
        On Thursday, August 1, 2002, 8:04:33 PM, jctheriot wrote:

        j> Hi -- I'm new to this list, didn't find an answer to my problem in
        j> the archives ...

        j> I inherited some code which generates SVG files, which can be
        j> correctly viewed with version 1 of the Adobe plugin, which was
        j> evidently based on an early draft of the SVG spec. If I view the
        j> files with a more recent plugin, there are problems which seem to be
        j> due to differences in how the scale and translate functions are
        j> encoded using the transform attribute.

        j> Anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

        Posting a small sample file, ideally with adescription or screenshot
        of how adove 1.0 views it, would be helpful here.

        --
        Chris mailto:chris@...
      • bobhopgood2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 11:57 PM
          A long while ago the transform attribute had the sequence of
          transformations being obeyed left to right rather than right to left.

          Bob