I meant font (was:Re: [svg-developers] Re: smallest readable text ?

  • tomahawk_7
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 5:21 AM
      For reading on a computer monitor, sans serif fonts are said to be
      the best. I'm partial to Verdana and Trebuchet MS these days for my
      web use, along with Lucida Console for a sort of "faux future" style,
      and they seem to be available on most OS's.
      If you have access to Adobe's fonts there are many great ones to
      choose from so your personal tastes should be satisfied (see
      http://www.adobe.com/type). They also categorize them very nicely on
      the site for easy searching.
      For drawings, you may want a font that is more commonly used for
      architectural or engineering renderings. I know AutoCAD comes with a
      slew of "technical-looking" fonts.

      For some very nice fonts also visit
      http://www.astigmatic.com
      and
      http://www.mindcandy.com
      but there are many other font foundries, too numerous to list.

      tom
      -----

      --- In svg-developers@y..., "Ruud Steltenpool" <r.g.steltenpool@s...>
      wrote:
      > Sorry, i was a bit unclear.
      >
      > I'd like to know what's the best FONT for the smallest text.
      >
      > I'm now just using what ASV has as default.
      > That is still quite readable when used small, but i think there
      might be
      > better around.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • tomahawk_7
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 5:25 AM
        I should also mention that, depending on your drawing's needs, you
        might want to go with a monospaced font, such as Courier.