I meant font (was:Re: [svg-developers] Re: smallest readable text ?

  • Ruud Steltenpool
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Sorry, i was a bit unclear.

      I'd like to know what's the best FONT for the smallest text.

      I'm now just using what ASV has as default.
      That is still quite readable when used small, but i think there might be
      better around.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        For reading on a computer monitor, sans serif fonts are said to be
        the best. I'm partial to Verdana and Trebuchet MS these days for my
        web use, along with Lucida Console for a sort of "faux future" style,
        and they seem to be available on most OS's.
        If you have access to Adobe's fonts there are many great ones to
        choose from so your personal tastes should be satisfied (see
        http://www.adobe.com/type). They also categorize them very nicely on
        the site for easy searching.
        For drawings, you may want a font that is more commonly used for
        architectural or engineering renderings. I know AutoCAD comes with a
        slew of "technical-looking" fonts.

        For some very nice fonts also visit
        http://www.astigmatic.com
        and
        http://www.mindcandy.com
        but there are many other font foundries, too numerous to list.

        tom
        -----

        wrote:
        > Sorry, i was a bit unclear.
        >
        > I'd like to know what's the best FONT for the smallest text.
        >
        > I'm now just using what ASV has as default.
        > That is still quite readable when used small, but i think there
        might be
        > better around.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • tomahawk_7
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          I should also mention that, depending on your drawing's needs, you
          might want to go with a monospaced font, such as Courier.