Re: [svg-developers] layers in SVG?

  • Ruud Steltenpool
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/render.html#RenderingOrder

      and from http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/ecma-script-binding.html
      The Node object has the following methods:
      insertBefore(newChild, refChild)
      This method returns a Node object.
      The newChild parameter is a Node object.
      The refChild parameter is a Node object.
      This method can raise a DOMException object.
      appendChild(newChild)
      This method returns a Node object.
      The newChild parameter is a Node object.
      This method can raise a DOMException object.
      replaceChild(newChild, oldChild)
      This method returns a Node object.
      The newChild parameter is a Node object.
      The oldChild parameter is a Node object.
      This method can raise a DOMException object.
      removeChild(oldChild)
      This method returns a Node object.
      The oldChild parameter is a Node object.
      This method can raise a DOMException object.

      With these 2 bits of information you'll be able to figure it out.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        Take a look at

        http://www.adobe.com/svg/demos/domtree.html and
        http://www.adobe.com/svg/dynamic/insertion.html