Curved text

  • biosoft_indore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
      I want to draw the text along the curved path. SVG should draw the
      text as a single string, SO that when i open the SVG file in the
      adobe Illustrator to manipulate (Editing) the text, it should be a
      single string. I have used the text on curve feature of SVG to draw
      the curved text but adobe Illustrator represent each character as a
      different objects.

      So how do i draw the curved text which will be a single string.
    • tomahawk_7
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
        For this to work with text on a path it seems that you have to
        choose "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" in the SVG Options
        dialog when you save as SVG from Illustrator 10. Unfortunately this
        makes your SVG file size much larger, so it's best to make two files,
        one for editing in Illustrator that includes all the round-tripping
        data that Illustrator needs to accurately read in the file and one
        small file for posting online with all of that Illustrator-only data
        stripped out.

        If you're exporting from Illustrator, then doing a lot of handcoding
        in a text editor, but still want to be able to read the file into
        Illustrator again without losing any edits, this might get
        complicated (unless Illustrator preserves the stuff it doesn't know
        what to do about), so maybe there's a better solution for your
        situation, or, if you just need the text on a path to read back into
        Illustrator correctly, then only preserve the parts that Illustrator
        needs for the text on a path such as this

        <i:pgf id="adobe_illustrator_pgf">
        <![CDATA[
        eJzdO/1T47iS9zNV
        </i:pgf>

        part, special Entitys, namespace declarations, and switch statements,
        etc.

        Perhaps someone with more Illustrator 10 knowledge can provide more
        details (and corrections) ;c)

        One thing I love about SVG is that there's so much new territory yet
        to be explored and many, many things that nobody has done with it
        yet. As the tools for making it get better and better and the
        obstacles to our creativity go away SVG's unlimited nature will fully
        materialize.

        tom
        -----

        --- In svg-developers@y..., "biosoft_indore" <vector_graphic@r...>