Export from Excel into SVG

  • markgoldin_2000
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
      Is there ane way to export Excel chart into SVG?

      Thanks
    • Michael Bierman
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
        Yes, two ways.

        http://www.svgmaker.com or the example at

        Michael

      • Mark Goldin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
          Not sure how it works in a second example. It is just a spreadsheet.
          > Is there ane way to export Excel chart into SVG?
          >
          > Thanks

          visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

        • Michael Bierman
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
            As it says in the spreadsheet, "To test the Pie chart modify the values and
            copy script into a SVG file." The Script is everything below the text below.

            Michael

          • Mark Goldin
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
              Thanks.
              As it says in the spreadsheet, "To test the Pie chart modify the values and
              copy script into a SVG file." The Script is everything below the text below.

              Michael

            • back5576
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
                Another approach, which I have used, is to write a macro which grabs
                the data from the sheet as XML, apply an XSLT to create the SVG
                chart, and then send the SVG to IE for display. You will need to be
                using Excel XP to do this. If you use an earlier verion of Excel,
                you will just have to use VBA to pull values out of the range you
                wish to graph. If ASV was an OCX, then you could put an instance of
                it into Excel or any other Office app. Does anyone make an SVG OCX?

                Chris

                --- In svg-developers@y..., "markgoldin_2000" <markgoldin@a...> wrote:
                > Is there ane way to export Excel chart into SVG?
                >
                > Thanks
              • Mark Goldin
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
                  >XSLT to create the SVG chart
                  Can you show it?
                  Another approach, which I have used, is to write a macro which grabs
                  the data from the sheet as XML, apply an XSLT to create the SVG
                  chart, and then send the SVG to IE for display. You will need to be
                  using Excel XP to do this. If you use an earlier verion of Excel,
                  you will just have to use VBA to pull values out of the range you
                  wish to graph. If ASV was an OCX, then you could put an instance of
                  it into Excel or any other Office app. Does anyone make an SVG OCX?

                  Chris

                  --- In svg-developers@y..., "markgoldin_2000" <markgoldin@a...> wrote:
                  > Is there ane way to export Excel chart into SVG?
                  >
                  > Thanks

                  visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"

                • Dave Pawson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 17, 2002
                    At 21:10 17/06/2002 -0500, you wrote:

                    > Another approach, which I have used, is to write a macro which grabs
                    > the data from the sheet as XML,

                    For any non XP bound people, an CSV file can be parsed to create XML
                    without much trouble.
                    Omits the macro step.
                    export as SVG then use your favourite text manipulation tool to
                    create
                    forms.
                    It can be done in XSLT but it gets pretty tricky.

                    http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N1755.html

                    >apply an XSLT to create the SVG
                    > chart, and then send the SVG to IE for display.

                    Rest the same.

                    HTH DaveP
                  • Ronan Oger
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 18, 2002
                      Yate Another Excel Solution:
                      For Perl-enabled people, you can read/write from/to excel cells within a
                      spreadsheet using the Perl excel modules. Supports win and *nix
                      environments.

                    • back5576
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 18, 2002
                        I think I can setup a sample on my web server this weekend -
                        especially if others are interested also. The example I have sends
                        the sheet back to a server and inserts the data into a browser-based
                        CMS where it becomes a chart in a web page. The user can then
                        manipulate the parameters of the graph (as well as all the content of
                        the web site) through their browser.

                        Chris

                        > Another approach, which I have used, is to write a macro which
                        grabs
                        > the data from the sheet as XML, apply an XSLT to create the SVG
                        > chart, and then send the SVG to IE for display. You will need to
                        be
                        > using Excel XP to do this. If you use an earlier verion of
                        Excel,
                        > you will just have to use VBA to pull values out of the range you
                        > wish to graph. If ASV was an OCX, then you could put an instance
                        of
                        > it into Excel or any other Office app. Does anyone make an SVG
                        OCX?

                        > Chris
                        >
                        > --- In svg-developers@y..., "markgoldin_2000" <markgoldin@a...>
                        wrote:
                        > > Is there ane way to export Excel chart into SVG?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks

                        > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and
                        click "edit my membership"

                        Service.

                      • Mark Goldin
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 18, 2002
                          Thanks!
                          I think I can setup a sample on my web server this weekend -
                          especially if others are interested also. The example I have sends
                          the sheet back to a server and inserts the data into a browser-based
                          CMS where it becomes a chart in a web page. The user can then
                          manipulate the parameters of the graph (as well as all the content of
                          the web site) through their browser.

                          Chris

                          > Another approach, which I have used, is to write a macro which
                          grabs
                          > the data from the sheet as XML, apply an XSLT to create the SVG
                          > chart, and then send the SVG to IE for display. You will need to
                          be
                          > using Excel XP to do this. If you use an earlier verion of
                          Excel,
                          > you will just have to use VBA to pull values out of the range you
                          > wish to graph. If ASV was an OCX, then you could put an instance
                          of
                          > it into Excel or any other Office app. Does anyone make an SVG
                          OCX?

                          > Chris
                          >
                          > --- In svg-developers@y..., "markgoldin_2000" <markgoldin@a...>
                          wrote:
                          > > Is there ane way to export Excel chart into SVG?
                          > >
                          > > Thanks

                          > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and
                          click "edit my membership"

                          Service.