SVG auto extracting zip?

  • imperial1255
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      Anyone know of an SVG-compliant zip format for downloading a batch of
      linked svg charts for subsequent off-line viewing without having to
      either unzip manually as per WinZip or download each chart separately?

      I guess the key will be stored in the top chart both for the download
      operation and the auto-unpacking.

      David Howard
      dh@...
    • Tobias Reif
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        imperial1255 wrote:

        > Anyone know of an SVG-compliant zip format for downloading a batch of
        > linked svg charts for subsequent off-line viewing without having to
        > either unzip manually as per WinZip

        SVG viewers support GZip, the files are named .svgz.
        Tools:
        http://www.gzip.org/#exe
        http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/src/
        serverside on the fly:
        http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/RubySVG/examples.xhtml#examples_gzip

        > or download each chart separately?

        If they're your files, you can make a tarball.

        Tobi

        --
        http://www.pinkjuice.com/