RE: [svg-developers] chinese letters

  • Peschka, Jeremiah
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2002
      You can convert a chinese font to an SVG font or to a CEF (adobe's format)
      font. There are a few good examples out there, I can't think of where they
      are off the top of my head. Hopefully someone else can point them out to
      you.

      You can find information Batik's capabilities here:
      http://www.protocol7.com/svg-wiki/default.asp?OtherImplementations

      Here is some perl to do the same:

      There is also a java application avaible free for download somewhere. I'd
      check the download section of the group mailing list.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2002
        Bettina Kunze wrote:

        > is it possible to display chinese letters in svg?
        > It's very helpful, if anyone has some examplecode or can tell me, how I
        > have to go on.

        check

        http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20011026/text-i18n-BE-09-ps.html

        and

        http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/RubySVG/examples.xhtml#examples_gzip

        Tobi

        --
        http://www.pinkjuice.com/
      • Chris Lilley
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2002
          On Thursday, May 2, 2002, 3:27:02 PM, Bettina wrote:

          BK> Hi,

          BK> is it possible to display chinese letters in svg?

          Yes.

          BK> It's very helpful, if anyone has some examplecode or can tell me, how I
          BK> have to go on.

          Just put the text in a text element, as usual.

          --
          Chris mailto:chris@...
        • Bettina Kunze

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2002
              Hi Bettina,

              > is it possible to display chinese letters in svg?

              Certainly. Check out http://nomfoundation.org/unicode/lookup.php , for example.

              Cheers,
              jDo