Re: Children's Picture Book in SVG

  • Jay Nick
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2 8:34 PM
      Hi Tobi,

      The web server logs show that all image (.jpg) files referenced in the .svg
      file get requested on loading the .svg. The audio .mp3 files are loaded as
      each audio file completes. Since all image files are downloaded initially,
      that might be why it took so long for the first one.

      The URL you hit has a zero second delay which shows that the audio starts
      before the file is loaded. That file (0s appended) was created as a test
      for Peter's response to my asking for help.

      I tested with NN6, it works for me. I thought I tested with IE6, but I will
      double check that. I think the internet is just too slow and the audio
      files are not loaded in time. As I said, it works well offline. If you
      download the .zip file, it should work when all the files are local. If the
      .mp3 files were cached and/or an event when loaded would help a lot.

      The .zip file is available at
      http://www.cattocreations.com/SVG/Demo/SVGBella.html

      Thanks for testing it! Your feedback is appreciated.

      Jay Nick

      --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:
      > Nick, Jay wrote:
      >

      > > http://www.cattocreations.com/SVG/BellaTheDragon0s.svg
      >

      > NN6: With DSL, the sound of the first picture takes a while to load; the
      > rest didn't work.
      > In IE6, I didn't get any sound.
      >
      > Perhaps you could try to preload the files in packs of five frames
      > (images and audio files), with some nice progress bar.
      >
      > Tobi
      >

      > --
      >
      > * peace&love.
      > * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
    • Jay Nick
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2 8:41 PM
        Tobi,

        I have no idea what is going on here. Those files are available on the web
        server. I'm not sure what you mean by local problem. But, it does appear I
        have a lot of problems!

        Thanks again for trying it.

        Jay Nick

        --- In svg-developers@y..., Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@p...> wrote:
        > Nick, Jay wrote:
        >

        > > http://www.cattocreations.com/RealAudio/Bella.smil
        >

        > RealPlayer said:
        >
        > File not found
        >
        > file://C:/WINDOWS/Temporary Internet Files/CONTENT.IE5/C6R70BD7/page0.svg
        > [...]
        > file://C:/WINDOWS/Temporary Internet Files/CONTENT.IE5/C6R70BD7/page11.svg
        > [...]
        >
        > Is that a local problem?
        >

        > Tobi
        >

        > --
        >
        > * peace&love.
        > * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
      • Richard Pearman
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 6 1:39 PM
          I've just had a look at this. It's very slow on line and the sound didn't
          play. I've downloaded the zip file and will see how that works.

          Isn't there a book of the Apocrapher called "Bell and the Dragon"?

          Richard Pearman http://www.nucleus.com/~richardp/

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6 7:58 PM
            It worked fine for me. Nice job.