Include external script problem

  • simonjbradleyuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      I am trying to include an external script in SVG,
      <script xlink:href="javascript/SVGHelper.js"/>

      It works with ASV3, but not with ASV2. I have tried adding
      type="text/javascript", language="JavaScript", seperate closing
      script tag - all to no avail. The problem is that the customer will
      NOT upgrade to ASV3, but the solution was developed inhouse around
      ASV3.

      There should be no problem including a script the above way. The
      alternative is to copy all the code in the external file into a new
      script tag in the SVG, but that kinda defeats the point of
      referencing common functions, etc.. in a single file,

      Any ideas?

      Simon.
    • Mishler, Abe
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
        Try referencing "SVGHelper.js" with:

        <script src="SVGHelper.js"></script>

        in the head of your html.

        Abe,
        code poet

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • simonjbradleyuk
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
          > Try referencing "SVGHelper.js" with:
          >
          > <script src="SVGHelper.js"></script>
          >
          > in the head of your html.
          >
          > Abe,
          > code poet

          No go I'm afraid, this is dynamic SVG that is being returned to a
          target frame, so there is no HTML wrapping it up...

          Simon.
        • simonjbradleyuk
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
            Silly one, but the included script has <![CDATA[ .. ]]> around the
            scripting (I use XMLSpy and this stops it trying to interpret
            Javascript). When I include the script in ASV3 it works, but not in
            ASV2 - so all I do is remove the CDATA tag.

            Is is my fault for putting CDATA tag around script, or should ASV2
            handle it properly?

            Simon.